Monday, May 17, 2021

A Day of Remembering

 Hello & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!
Saturday we got the bikes out for a quick ride on the Rail Trail!
It was a beautiful day and felt great to get out and soak up the sunshine.

Today has been a year since my Dad passed away.
I received a card in the mail from a friend that totally took me by surprise and brought me to tears that someone remembered.
This card is from my friend, Carol, and it is absolutely gorgeous!





While this past year has been difficult because of Covid and all the changes we've all had to go thru....it was even more difficult with his passing.

I was recently at my doctor for a checkup. 
Last year she put me on medication to help with my grief.
I knew the anniversary date was coming and wished I could have just crawled under a rock and not appear until the next day. My doctor suggested to me to not drown my sorrows on this day but rather to do something to celebrate & honor him. This has been sitting on my mind since then.

My Dad was a good man that has been thru many obstacles in his lifetime like polio at a young age and then prostate cancer later in life and heart issues.
He loved to travel and go on vacation!
He loved his kids & his grandkids all the same and I can say that he was my biggest fan (besides my husband) when it came to my cards & treats!
He loved having my treats to give to some of the neighborhood kids or friends at the local coffee hang out in the mornings! He usually requested them for every holiday and he is the one who found my card lady! 

So, today I plan to honor him and to always cherish the memories I have of him!
He will always be loved and dearly missed!!!

And Carol, thank you so much for the beautiful card but most of all for remembering! 💓

****************************************************
My thoughts today...


~Wendy



3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Thinking of you on this day, Wendy! Carol's card is lovely.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That was so thoughtful of Carol. Sending you a long distance hug, and hopes that you have some very fond memories that make you smile.

Carol L said...

Awww, I knew this was going to be a difficult day for you and I'm glad the card lifted your spirits a little bit. I LOVE the story of your dad giving out your treats at the local coffee hangout! On holidays I make many of them too, and hand them to cashiers and greeters and I love to see the smiles they bring to complete strangers! Cherish those precious memories, they will keep you smiling whenever you think of him during the coming years. Smile for your dad today, I'm sure he'd much rather see a smile on your face than tears :) Hugs to you :)