Friday, May 24, 2013

Color Challenge 427

Hello & Happy Friday!

It's been a crazy last 2 weeks to say the least!
My hubby had all kinds of tests done this past week to make sure his kidney stones were passable. Then a trip to his Urologist. Wednesday he decided to go back to work and halfway thru his morning he passes 2 stones! They were decent sized stones but we also found out he has more in his kidneys which isn't good news. Eventually, he will have to have something done but one good thing....he has finally said NO MORE ICE TEA! This has been the culprit for years. He's drank ice tea since a teenager so it's been hard finding something to replace it but he's determined to find something along with lots of water.

So, then today I woke up early with him as he was heading out to work. This is his last day working at Consolidated Container Co. in Baltimore. He gave his 2 week notice the day before the kidney stone episode set it. He works with a great bunch of people there and I know they will miss him. Driving to Baltimore the last year and a half is over an hour drive each way. He's been looking for another job and Graham Packaging has taken him back in York. Graham is who moved us to Joplin, Missouri in 2010. He worked for them for 16 1/2 years and left to move back home to PA. They hired him back but not in the management field that he has currently been in. He took quite a bit of a pay cut to get something closer to home but thinks in time he will move forward and get back into the management part of it. He's thrilled to only have a 20-25 minute drive to work starting next Tuesday and one thing for sure is.....it will be 100% better on our pocketbook as far as gas is concerned!!

So with all the current events happening around the Aungst Pad the last 2 weeks, it totally threw me off and kept me away from my stamp table. Starting next week I am determined to get back at it atleast up till vacation which is coming quickly!

I have been Guest Designing with the lovely ladies of the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge for the month of May. I had planned on posting my card from this past Tuesday but then all of Shawn's doctor appointments got in the way. I'm catching up now!! LOL

Here are this week's colors....

Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso & Marina Mist


The dessert option was to make a masculine card whether it be a birthday, graduation or Father's Day. Since my vacation is coming up to Jamaica and we fly home on Father's Day I thought i'd better get my Dad's card made while I can! This cabin image reminds me of when I was little and my Dad use to go to the mountains hunting with a bunch of his friends every fall. He hasn't gone hunting in many years now but i'm sure he will love the cabin image and remind him of some great times!

Color Challenge 427 Card:

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo (Cabin), Art Impressions (Sentiment)
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Neenah White, Frostwood DSP
Accessories: SU Square Lattice EF, Marina Mist Grosgrain, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

1 comment:

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful personalized card, Wendy, in fantastic colors!!

I'm happy to hear that things are going to settle for your family and there will be no more long commute. It's been a tough "road" you've been on and I wish for only happy things in your future!!