Monday, May 6, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #61

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! It was absolutely gorgeous here in PA!
I ment to go do some inking of my stamps but Saturday we decided to clean the house, plant our strawberry plants, shop at Walmart and take Miss Gigi for a nice long walk. I was dead tired till 8 pm rolled around. Sunday was a much calmer day. We took Miss Gigi to the Dog Park on the other side of York where it's a huge fenced in area and we can let her off her leash to run & play with all the other small doggies. She LOVES going there every Sunday morning and is she ever played out till we get back home! :)
Anything for our little Gigi!!!
But anyways, I did find my way down to stamp Sunday afternoon. Still working on lots of Christmas things. I'm excited to show you but will wait closer to the holidays.

So, it's Monday again and that means it's time for another sketch from Lesley! This week's layout is so quick & easy and I hope you can hop on over to her blog to see what the other Merry Makers have created this week and play along with us! Before you know it, you will have a nice stack of cards made way before the holidays arrive!

Here we gooooo....




As soon as I seen this sketch I knew what I wanted to make. I used an old Stampin Up die for my large Real Red snowflake. It was so big that I had to trim some off. I then added my next snowflake in Early Espresso by using a Stampin Up Snowflake Punch. The last snowflake was done with a Paper Studio punch in the Champagne Glimmer Paper. I added a gold bead to the center of my trio of snowflakes and hot glued them onto my card. My sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink from the Merry Messages set. I really like this card and might make a few more!


Merry Monday Week #61 Card:

Stamps: Many Merry Messages
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Real Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories: SU Snowflake Die #2, SU Snowflake Punch, Paper Studio Snowflake Punch, Gold Bead, Hot Glue, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that is all for me today!
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

13 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely my favorite card this week. Was eyeing it in the DT gallery every time I went in there. Love those big snowflakes.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this layout and your card. I immediately thought of this snowflake die. :)

Benzi said...

I love your big red and gold snowflake. It really would be easy to make a bunch using this sketch.

Ooh, your Saturday sounds like mine. Got to work in the yard and flower beds after getting a sunny day. Been very cool here..and rainy. Yuck!

Thanks to all of you for letting me be Guest Designer this week.

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous snowflake Wendy, I love how we made them differently. I like your different coloured layers with the glimmer card.

Vicki Burdick said...

You know I love this card Wendy, such a warm country feel that I love!! the colors are great together, you rocked this sketch my friend!!

Carol L said...

I love how you used that big red snowflake, and especially on the crumb cake background! I'm so glad you had a fun weekend, and it certainly was beautiful, I agree! Here's wishing you an even better week ahead :)

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Wendy, I love the clean and simple look.

Marisa said...

Love your layered snowflake!! Gorgeous card and great take on the sketch.

Bonnie said...

I've been oohing and aahing since you posted this, Wendy! Love all the layers of the snowflake!

Lesley said...

Such a delightful card Wendy, love the festive colours.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Everyone has really rocked this challenge - LOVE this snowflake and the gorgeous colour combo you've used!

Margaret Moody said...

What a gorgeous card, Wendy! I agree with Lesley! I love the snowflake and your color choices! So very nice!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the touch of gold!