Monday, October 21, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #80

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Ours was quite crazy! It started off calmly then Saturday morning our daughters Jack Russell got lose from her yard. We searched and searched, nothing. Contacted the local police, SPCA and area Vets, nothing. We posted on Facebook and finally last evening we got a call that someone had the dog and the whole weekend Shady was only 1 block away from his home! We worried he would be cold, tired & hungry but he was fed, warm and safe! I'm thankful that it ended on a happy note because as we approached the 2nd day we started to worry that he was gone forever.

Then yesterday we went to Virginia and we adopted a second puppy from the same foster mom that we got Gigi from. I don't have a picture to share at the moment as things have been quite hectic. Gigi sure is not thrilled with having another dog in the house and the new dog is very intimidated by Gigi. I hope this will stop as they get use to one another because Virginia is a long ride to take her back. Our new dog is a 2 year old Shih tzu/Yorkie mix. She was with her family for 2 years then taken to the shelter when her family had to move and couldn't take her with them. She is a lovable little thing and wants so much to be friends with Gigi. Her previous name was Bailey and once the rescue got her they renamed her to Zsa Zsa. We liked that name but now it's a bit tongue tangling when calling for her. We think we might change it back to Bailey but spell it Bailee. So we'll see how things go!

So anyways, today Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper has a new challenge for us this week! It's a fun one & I hope you can play along!

Here we go!


I was a bit stumped on this one so I took a trip to L&L Stamps over in Ephrata, PA. As soon as I stepped foot in the store this stamp literally jumped out at me. I looked at it a few minutes & stewed over and then thought it would be perfect for today's challenge.
 


The stamp is from Stampendous and I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it but I knew I need to keep it simple. 
I stamped my image in Handsome Hunter and layered it onto some Brushed Gold Cardstock. I added a piece of gold shear ribbon and tied a bow and placed it on my Handsome Hunter card base. Added 3 gold beads and called it done! I think it's quite pretty!

Merry Monday Week #80 Card:

Stamps: Stampendous
Ink: Handsome Hunter
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter, Brushed Gold, Neenah White
Accessories: Gold Shear Ribbon, Gold Beads, 2 Sided Tape

Well, that is all for me today!
Another busy day ahead with getting some housework accomplished. 
I hope you can swing by Lesley's blog to see what the others have created this week. Lots of cool idea's!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great Monday!

PS. I promise one day this week to have a picture of our new addition!
~Wendy

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Glad you got your DD's dog back...we have had lots of experience like that and they always come back! Hope your two pups get acclimated...they'll be best friends soon!
It's always fun to go new-stamp shopping---any excuse to go to L&L, right? I love this tree...rustic and simple, and you did a great job with it! The simple gold ribbon adds just the right touch!

Kim M said...

Love that tree stamp and love your card! That stamp would have jumped out at me too. :-)

Loll said...

Hi Wendy. So glad your DD puppy is safe and now home.

LOVE your tree with the built in sentiment. And the gold sheer ribbon is gorgeous. Loll xx

Bonnie said...

Glad all worked out well with DD's dog! How scary! And congratulations on the new member of your family. Can't wait to see a picture and hope the Princess Gigi will learn to love the addition. I LOVE the rustic charm of this card! It's perfect!

Karren said...

Such a shame you had to go shopping for this challenge, Wendy ;) This is a beautiful CAS card and I can see why this stamp appealed to you. Bailee is adorable and I hope her and Gigi become good friends soon.

Lesley said...

Love how CAS this is and the ribbon is yummy!

Nan said...

Can't wait to meet your new little honeydog on Friday!!

Karen Davis said...

So pleased your daughter's dog was safe and good luck with your new addition.

I love the simplicity of your card Wendy. The gold bow is so luscious.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful CAS card Wendy, and the pretty gold ribbon and bow adds sparkle.

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful CAS card Wendy, I like the rustic trees and gold touches.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this card Wendy, I am want to go to L&L when I come out there!! Bailee is adorable and sure is lucky to have you all adopt her, and so Happy Shady was found safe and sound!!!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

LOVE the green and gold!! Very elegant card!

stampwithsandy said...

I love the green and gold, too! What beautiful ribbon. Glad to hear your daughter's doggie is safe and sound, too. Must have been scary.