Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Color Challenge 446

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Oh, and Happy October 1st!!!

Another gorgeous day here in south central PA. It's been feeling alot like Fall the last few days but for the next couple of days we will get just a touch of summer again with some warmer temps in the low 80's. I sure wish my back was not in the shape that it is or i'd be outside working in my flower beds! Instead I have a neck pumpkin I am going to cook off for future pumpkin pies and make a pot of chicken pot pie bows for supper. Yesterday my back bothered me so I just took it easy and did some laundry.

Before I head off to the kitchen I wanted to share my card I made for today's Color Challenge from over at Splitcoaststampers (or SCS). 

Here are the colors this week:

Cajun Craze, Soft Suede & Summer Starfruit
The dessert option is to have a bow with added button or brad.


Love these Fall colors together!
 



I used the Chalk Talk stamps set with coordinating Chalk Talk Framelits. I added a Faceted Vintage Button with Linen Thread to my Summer Starfruit bow. I grabbed some DSP from the Comfort Cafe paper from last year. Amazingly, all 3 colors are in this sheet! I also embossed my Summer Starfruit cardstock with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  My card came together quite nicely & very quickly!

Color Challenge 446 Card:

Stamps: Chalk Talk
Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DSP
Accessories: Chalk Talk Framelits, Summer Starfruit Ribbon, Faceted Vintage Button, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape

Well, that's all for today!
Hope you enjoy my card!
I'm off to the kitchen for the rest of the day.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Nan said...

Ooh I like this one alot! You've inspired me to break out my Comfort Cafe DSP. TFS!

Carol L said...

WTG with using that Starfruit color! I'm totally challenged with it for some reason, but this turned out beautifully!

Karen Davis said...

The colours in this card are wonderful Wendy. Love all the details too.