Monday, June 24, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #68 & Jamaica

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 
I spent most of the weekend with my kiddo's just hanging out at home. We had some much needed down time after traveling to & from Jamaica the week before. Spent some quiet time sitting out by the firepit under a beautiful full moon and also bought a newly released movie to watch called Oz. It sure was different than we thought it'd be but a good movie!

Anyways, today it's time to share with you a new sketch from Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper. So here we go...




A very fun & easy sketch this week! I used a scrap of Kaiser Kraft DSP that I had on hand along with some matching cardstock, rhinestones & ribbon. I also have been playing around with my Picaso photo program and realized that I probably should be wearing my glasses when I do this because some of these photo's are super bright! They may require wearing sunglasses to view! LOL


Merry Monday Week #68 Card:

Stamps: More Merry Messages
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Kaiser Kraft DSP
Accessories: Snow Burst EF., Baja Breeze Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestones, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape

Before I close out my post today I just wanted to share a few quick photo's of our trip to Jamaica! It was a nice vacation just the hubby & I but the heat & high humidity did me in! I'm so glad to be back home.


Shawn in the Caribbean Ocean as the storm clouds were rolling in. Every afternoon it rained...

Me with my toes in the sand!! :)

The views were amazing! One thing I loved was there were no waves in the cove where our resort was. I am usually not one to be in the ocean because the waves knock you off your feet so this was a real treat! We spent alot of time in the Caribbean Ocean while there. Very peaceful & relaxing!

Shawn & I enjoying our last full day there, poolside!


Day of departure...It was a nice vacation with such peaceful & beautiful views! The people of Jamaica are so nice and just love to talk! This was my first trip outside of the USA so it was interesting to see how life is there. Shawn has been to Poland & Canada before so going thru Customs & Immigration was a whole new ballgame for this girl.

Of course, I had to squeeze in a picture of Gigi! This was the night we came home. She was so happy to see us that she could not keep her eyeballs open any longer! Love my little Gigi!! :)

Well, that is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Love the colors of this Christmas card. Nice and soft. I'm glad you had a peaceful vacation, but I know what you mean about being happy to get home, especially when you have a baby like Gigi waiting for you. How darling.

Carol L said...

Your card is so pretty with that great embossing folder and pretty papers! TFS the great pics of your vacation getaway! Looks like you two had a great time with those relaxed smiles :) welcome home:)

Diane said...

Very pretty card design, and fun vacation pictures. Love the photo of Gigi.

Regards diane

LeAnne said...

Lovely cool card...snowflakes seem to be the theme this week! I guess everyone needs some snow to cool them off! Your vaca pix are awesome. As much as I dislike PR, I have to admit that swimming in that beautiful blue Caribbean IS a treat!!

Bonnie said...

I love this cool blue with the espresso! And you know I love the embossing! Jamaica looks lovely and it looks like you had a wonderful time!

Vicky Hayes said...

I like the way you've kept the focus on the bottom half of your card Wendy. It looks as if you had a great vacation!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a beautiful combo of colours you've used on your card Wendy! You looked like you had a wonderful time on your break!