Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Masculine Card

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Yep, it's getting late and I wanted to share this card I made this evening for my younger brother's birthday which was a few weeks ago. I haven't seen him and i'm not 100% sure if he'll be here on Easter or not so I thought i'd better get it made!

I've kinda been challenged out here lately and just felt like doing some stamping for myself so i'm sure there will be more of this to come.


I used a piece of Not Quite Navy cs 4 1/4 X 11.
Scored it in half and then one side I scored at 2 3/4 and folded it in the opposite direction. It looks like a Z fold. I used some Nautical Expeditions DSP from last summer along with this stamp called Sailing Away both from Stampin Up.
I added my sentiment with the Word Window Punch and layered that on a Modern Label Punch of Not Quite Navy cs. I also used my SU Square Lattice EF on a few different places. I finished it off with a couple of silver brads and called it done!
I like it and hope he does too!


Happy Birthday Card:

Stamps: Sailing Away, Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment), Happy Birthday (inside sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Neenah White, Nautical Expeditions DSP
Accessories: SU Square Lattice EF, Word Window & Modern Label Punches, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Scor Tape

Well, that's about all for me tonight!
Just wanted to give an update on Fluffy....
She is doing much better! I'm still praying and hoping she's out of the woods.
Still eating the rice & turkey burger, drinking lots of water and her tail is back up where it belongs (most of the time, anyways).
There are times when she doesn't seem quite like herself but i'm thinking all the medicines that she's on is to blame for that. Today she was out in the yard sniffing around and soaking up the sunshine and that to me is the best sight ever!

Thanks again for stopping by and thinking about my Fluffy!
All those prayers are most certainly helping!

~Wendy


5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh I KNOW he's going to like it! SO pretty with that fantastic design. Love that image! Great masculine card.
Lynn

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is a great masculine card, Wendy! He will love it! So glad that Fluffy is on the up-swing! We dog mommies get so worried.

JD/ Jill said...

I'm also sure he will really like this great card. I have all these Stampin' Up supplies (the stamp, and DP) I have to use it, I think I need to get it out...smile..

Carol L said...

Gosh, this is a beautiful card, and I love the unique fold! Have a great Easter holiday, I hope it's wonderful for you!

Bonnie said...

Your brother is a lucky man to get such a nice Birthday card. I love the colors, the image and especially the fancy fold. Thanks for the dimensions. I'm going to try it.