Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Love is in the air! Unfortunately, we had plans with my parents & Ryan to have a get together later today to celebrate Valentine's Day & also my parents anniversary! I'm thinking this may be their 56th wedding anniversary but not quite sure. I will have to look into that! Anyways, we planned to do New York Strip steaks on the grill and have all the fixin's with Lemon Lush for dessert but with the weather people calling for some snow today that plan quickly got cancelled until maybe next weekend. I feel sad about it but I know the thought of one single snowflake falling from the sky, my Dad will not drive in it anymore. Sunday we are to have VERY extreme cold temps with a high wind warning and then there is the possibility of snow drifts which again Dad will not drive in. Hopefully next weekend we can make it happen! Kelsey went to her boyfriends for the weekend as they have plans to go to Cabella's with his family today. Not even sure that will happen with bad weather expected. So today it will just be my hubby, Ryan, Gigi & Bailee and me. I will probably take some time to go craft a bit. I am in need of a Sympathy card plus I have another HUGE order for about 35 cards. I can get a head start on them since we are going to be having a snow day/weekend!

So, before I close, I wanted to share the rest of my Valentine's Day things I whipped up. 

Let's get to it!


M&M Sticks with Hearts A Flutter stamps and matching Framelits! Love that about Stampin Up.....everything coordinates! :)




Scalloped Envelope Die decorated with Amore DSP & Filled with Love Stamp Set.
Cute! :)




The Mini Treat Bag Framelits make such a nice holder for a note card or candy! Very easy to use & assemble!  DSP is from the Stacked with Love Paper Pad & I used the Groovy Love stamp set on this one with the matching Sweetheart Punch! :)




This Mini Treat Bag Framelit I used the Stacked with Love Paper Pad , the You Plus Me stamp set, Sweetheart Punch with Red Glimmer Paper, Chalk Talk Framelits to diecut the sentiment panel and the Crisp Cantaloupe panel is embossed with the Happy Hearts Embossing Folder! :)




Of course there are more candy treat bags! These are my specialty! LOL I used Candy Lane DSP retired paper on these and the retired set called PS. I Love You. Each bag is filled with a variety of candies! :)




Then again, my Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts, Eggs, Pumpkins & Trees have become a favorite of mine to bag up! I'm not wild on Peanut Butter so you won't catch me munching on them!

I used the new to me, Happy Heart Day Single Stamp on these! I fought tooth & nail to win this stamp off of Ebay a week or so ago! Paid more than I would have liked but this adorable heart shaped stamp is perfect all by itself! The patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby! They always have the cutest patterned papers there! :)







And what holiday wouldn't be complete without having some Hershey Candy Bar Wrappers! I did these to give away for a few sweet treats for Valentine's Day! The patterned paper is once again from Hobby Lobby, the stamp is Happy Heart Day from SU! and the cardstock is from Michael's. I ran out of Real Red cardstock from SU! so had to improvise. Michael's cardstock is much thinner than SU! and worked out perfectly for these candy bar wrappers! :)




And lastly is the card I made my Valentine this year! I really put some thought into this one and tried to get it to say what I felt! The paper is from the Stacked with Love Paper Pad, the Love die is from the Expressions Thinlits and the You & hearts are from the Work of Art stamp set. First I ever used that stamp set and it will not be the last! The Red Glimmer paper is what I used to cut out the "love" word. I think he will love it! :)





So many cute things from the Valentine's Day Treat Bags to the Mini Treat Bag Framelits! I just love the things you can do to decorate candy for any holiday! :)

My Stampin Up! party with the girls was a success last night! I placed a huge order but then ended up with $90 hostess money to spend. I did not even have a list made up of what I wanted so it took me a bit the go thru the catalogs and make my choices. I'm pleased though with what I ordered!  It's always great to hang out with the girls, talk & laugh! We did miss Deb K. & Miss Emily but we will catch up to them soon at the next party! :)

My dear sweet wonderful husband made me open my Valentine's Day gift last night too! I wanted to wait till today since it was for Valentine's Day. He got me one of those Open Hearts Collection Necklaces from Kay Jewelers! They caught my eye back at Christmas time. Then last week I had seen a commercial of Jane Seymour advertising these beautiful necklaces and so I made mention how pretty they are. Yep, he must have been paying attention! It's beautiful! We've been married this year for 25 years and I think it's the first in quite awhile that I got jewelry! Love him & the necklace! :)

Well, that is all I have for today!
Sorry for such a long post. 
Guess I had a lot to say & share, which might not be a bad thing! LOL

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
Happy Valentine's Day, friends!
~Wendy

1 comment:

D'Ann said...

Love all the eye candy! Especially your "famous" candy bars, well they are famous to me anyway :) Sometimes I can't believe the variety of items you create. It's truly amazing. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!