Thursday, June 1, 2017

Happy June 1st!!!

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday we had some fabulous weather once the clouds & fog broke!
It hit 80 degrees here and the sunshine was awesome!
My hubby got home from work on time for a change and mowed then we sat out on the front porch with the girls and just enjoyed the nice weather!
Hopefully today will be another picture perfect day!

Since today is June 1st, I am going to try to focus on the upcoming Father's Day occasion.
Today I am sharing a card made with a now retired stamp set called Nailed It.
I have had this bundle in my collection for awhile now and yesterday I finally broke it out and got it inked up! I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it stamps!

Here is my 1st Father's Day card for 2017.





 I used the herringbone technique to create this card. My friend, Carol, makes the nicest herringbone technique cards and i'm always envious of them! I gave this technique another shot today with making my strips of dsp at 1/2" each. I am loving this now retired dsp called Urban District Specialty Paper! I like the colors in it plus the prints are more focused on masculine. My silver foil paper at the bottom of the card is diecut with the measuring strip in the Build It Framelits! It adds so much to the card. I also took the wrench, hammer, screwdriver and other little pieces of hardware and randomly stamped them with Delightful Dijon on the cardbase. So pleased with it!

Happy Father's Day card:

Stamps: Nailed It
Ink: Delightful Dijon
Cardstock: Delightful Dijon, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Urban District Specialty Paper, Silver Foil
Accessories: Build It Framelits, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Mono Adhesive

A really fun card don't ya think??

**************************************************

My thoughts today...



That is all for today!
A very busy day ahead and hopefully I will have more details on that later!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

First of all, thanks for the shout-out! I love making Herringbone designs with dsp, and these colors are perfect for the guys! I love the silver accents, especially the measuring tape at the bottom along with the nailheads! Great guy card for Father's day! Enjoy this glorious weather! I understand there are 2 more days like this one on the way - PERFECT!!

Janice M said...

This card is AWESOME Wendy!! You and Carol rock this technique. I need to add this to my list to try. Love the way you stamped the base of the card with the tools. Also LOVE that silver embossed strip! Great card!