Wednesday, June 28, 2017

With Sympathy

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Last day of our beautiful weather so I decided to make 1 card and spend the rest of the day out in the yard with the girls.

I wanted to make a card today using the Daisy Delight stamp set. It's a nice set but I wish it had more of a variety of sayings in it. I used the Flourishing Phrases stamp set for my sentiment.




Incase you couldn't tell, I really like using this style of card that Patty Bennett created last year. Besides the tilted panels this style has also become a favorite!

I used the pretty watercolored looking print that is in the Delightful Daisy DSP that has a touch of Daffodil Delight in and Calypso Coral. I thought is was a great sheet of paper to create a sympathy card. I also stamped the daisy image on my envelope 2 times. With the photopolymer stamps it is easy to do with perfect placement. 

I also finally opened my roll of Calypso Coral Umbre Ribbon!! 
It is divine and ties a bow so nicely! 

With Sympathy Card:

Stamps: Daisy Delight, Flourishing Phrases
Ink: Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Delightful Daisy DSP
Accessories: Daisy Punch, Gold Faceted Gem, Calypso Coral Umbre Ribbon, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Hope you like!

****************************************
My thoughts today....


It certainly is!

That is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a terrific day!
~Wendy



4 comments:

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous sympathy card! What I like most are those fantastic papers and colors, and the ribbon is the icing on the cake! Today's weather was outstanding wasn't it? Get ready - the humdiddity is coming back soon :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ready to get back in the muggies... Ugh! This is a lovely sympathy card. I do find that they do that a lot with sets. Ones that should have multiple sentiments, they tend to only give you a dribble. That is why I have learned to mix and match. Some of the loveliest sentiments I can find digitally. Sometimes I would like to stick with a company, but if they are not offering what I need, then phooey!

D'Ann said...

What a pretty sympathy card, Wendy! Love layout and the colors you used. I need to make some sympathy cards to have on hand. Love your postings!

Janice M said...

I struggle to use large pattern DSP but you rocked it for sure! Very pretty card.