Friday, July 24, 2026

Life Update & Pretty Poinsettia Card

 Hello & Happy Friday, Friends!

I know it has been over a week since I last posted. Life has really thrown us a few curve balls lately. Wednesday the 15th Miss Bailee went back to the diarrhea, wasn't eating, shaking and was in pain. We rushed her to a local Emergency Vet. We waited 6 hours for the Vet to come talk to us because they had quite a few emergencies. Thankfully, in those 6 hours Bailee was in the ER hospital getting treated with IV fluids & pain meds. They thought she was having another pancreatitis flare. Suggested letting her in the hospital and doing an ultrasound the next day. That showed that she has Inflammatory Bowel Disease which 100% explains why she had diarrhea so much in the last year. They also suspected pancreatitis so they started her on an injectable medicine called Panoquelle. She needed 3 of those injections 24 hours apart. Friday morning she was discharged but we had to take her back that evening to get her last Panoquell injection. Her ultrasound also showed spots on her liver which may or may not be cancerous. They suggested a needle aspirate to do a biopsy but I said no. She will be 15 at the end of September and we just did not want to put her through anymore. She has been sleeping alot and so far we have had 2 episodes of diarrhea since she came home. They put her on prednisolone steroid to help get rid of the inflammation in her intestines which is causing this. She is strictly on her lowfat canned food and returns to see her Vet on Aug 15th. She really does not seem like herself since coming home. There are times we see improvements in her but nothing that has stayed. We've had that talk about putting her to sleep if things do not get any better and I truly hate to say that because she has been the most perfect dog ever but we don't want her to keep suffering with this. I have been a worrying, crying mess. Then I ended up having a medical emergency last week where I passed out while we were taking a walk. All the stress of this and not eating or drinking got the best of me. I fell in the street and Shawn had one heck of a time waking me up. I almost went for an ambulance ride but he managed to get me awake and get me home where I got so sick. I felt better in a few days but that was certainly a very scary thing! So that is where things stand at the moment.

Here is a card that I made a few weeks ago with the Pretty Poinsettia Bundle.





Card Details:

Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia (Online Exclusives)
Ink: Peaceful Pines, Real Red, Golden Glow
Cardstock: Peaceful Pines, Basic White, Real Red, Stitched Season DSP (Online Exclusives)
Accessories: Pretty Poinsettia Dies (Online Exclusives), Spotlight on Nature Dies, Real Red Stitched Ribbon (Online Exclusives), Golden Glow In Color Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy








No comments: