Sunday, April 17, 2016

A Card Set & My Doggies

Hello & Happy Sunday!

What a beauty of day here in PA! Our weather could not be more perfect!
Hubby is out washing his car before it will be garage bound for a few weeks and I have the windows open airing the house out. Just love it, sunny & 70's...my kind of weather!

Before the day gets away from me I wanted to share a pack of cancer cards I made for an order last week. This is actually the 2nd pack of them I made in the last several months. I made them in different colors pertaining to the different types of cancers.



Last year at the Heirloom Stamp Show I picked up this embossing folder from Darice and i'm glad that it's finally getting used! On these cards I added a rhinestone in the color of the cancer. Just enough to give it some sparkle and we all love sparkle!


Cancer Card Set:

Stamps: Sweet Essentials (retired)
Ink: Basic Black Archival
Cardstock: Taken w Teal, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Darice EF., Rhinestones, 2 Sided Tape



Yesterday we took the doggies out for a walk. Here is a picture.


Gigi & Bailee were both out of breath after that 2 mile walk. We found a place close to home to walk them without having to worry about cars & traffic. It's the York Heritage Rail Trail. This runs from York County clear down to Maryland. It's a beautiful, peaceful walk and the girls loved it! Going to take them out again this evening. Today will be the last for a few weeks to get out & walk since tomorrow morning bright & early is Shawn's surgery. If you would, could you please say a quick prayer for him in hopes that all goes well tomorrow. I know he's nervous but ready to get it overwith and heal so he can get back out to walking & hiking. He's been doing so well and has lost 20 pds in the last 2 months. It's been a bit harder for me as I do love my soda & sweets but nonetheless I have been enjoying the walks with him and losing some pds too but not as quickly as him. Men have it so much easier don't they!

So, i'm not sure if i'll be updating tomorrow but I will be back on Tuesday for sure with an update on Shawn, so till then....

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


4 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. Let me know how it goes. Love ya!

D'Ann said...

Lovely cards, Wendy! Sending prayers and best wishes to Shawn (and you) for a speedy recovery.

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards. I really enjoyed our Sunday weather too. Lot of our neighbors were outside and we finally got to see them (and talk to them)...seems that we were all hibernating the last couple of weeks (with the not so nice weather we were having.

JD/ Jill said...

I just realized I didn't ask a question that I was going to put in my post.
You said you were at Heirloom last year. Did you go this year too?
I did and also last year. We may have passed by each other. I remember that I did get to see you in person at the stamp meet, but that was several years ago. (Where did that time go?)