Sunday, September 9, 2018

Barn Door Birthday

Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

It's a very rainy morning here, something we really don't need with the flooding over the last 2 months. It showered off & on yesterday, too. A gloomy weekend for sure!

My plan yesterday was to head out to do errands most of the day then home to get supper and I was going to go downstairs to stamp in the evening. 
Nope, did not happen. 
My kitchen sink decided to spring a leak so that had to be fixed asap.
So off to Home Depot we went and within an hour or so it was taken care of.
Then of course I had supper dishes to wash and then started some laundry.
Sometimes it just never ends!

Ryan has been doing good. Been eating really good which I am glad to see!
Everything is still scheduled for his procedure so we will see what comes from it.
I am in the midst of preparing for a stamp get together with friends for this Friday evening.
I am looking forward to that but waiting & watching to see what Hurricane Florence has in store for the east coast. It may get rescheduled.

Today is the first Baltimore Ravens game of the season! SO EXCITED!
Since it is pouring buckets outside I will be thankful to sit inside and watch.
Maybe I will get something crafted while watching.
Shawn is making a pot of homemade chicken pot pie....one of Ryan's favorites.
Going to be a great day for something warm for the belly.
It feels like Fall weather has arrived!

So today I have another quick & easy card to share made using the Barn Door Bundle.
I stamped off lots of different images from Deb's set to use down the road. It's a great set!





This card was made for a friend's birthday a month or so ago.
She's a country girl at heart and i'm glad she liked it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Barn Door Perennial Birthday
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories: Sliding Door Framelits, Subtle EF, White Pearls, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Very easy card to put together and flat for mailing, too!

******************************************************************
My thoughts today.....


Great day to stay in and relax...or stamp!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

OF COURSE I liked this card! What's not to like!!! We are getting buckets of rain too...glad for a day to stay inside and although it is cooler, it's not the ideal way to be chilly!! ENjoy your Ravens game!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Another great card with the Barn Door! The wreath looks super cute! Going to be a sloppy day for sure. My OTT light blew so I just did a same day delivery from Amazon. Ugh! Need that to see for stamping, especially in this dark gloom. I might as well go to work until it arrives! Enjoy the game.

Carol L said...

First of all, I'm glad to know Ryan is eating again and feeling better, and how thoughtful of Shawn to make one of his favorites! Yesterday I made a big pot of home made vegetable soup, and it was the perfect day for it as it got VERY cool and damp almost overnight! Enjoy your football game today too!
That barn door does make some great cards, I agree. I love the little wreath on the door in neutral colors so it doesn't have to be a Christmas wreath! Great idea! Stay warm, stay dry, and stay indoors and keep cozy!

Janice M said...

What a versatile set, love the floral wreath. It was a good "soup" weekend! Made some both days. Yesterday was creamy loaded potato with a toss salad today was cabbage soup and grilled cheese. Glad Ryan is feeling better. Stay dry!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Great looking barn door card!