Tuesday, September 11, 2018

September 11th

Hello & Happy Tuesday!



Today is September 11th.
A day that many will always remember as a sad day from 2001.
It started out as a beautiful day, brilliant blue skies & lots of sunshine. I was doing my weekly chores when the Today Show had Breaking News. As the day went on, it from worse to horrible. No one could ever imagine this happening but it was unfolding infront of our eyes on national tv.  
So many lives lost.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!


I have a set of cards to share today that is part of a card order for my customer.
She is on a cruise this week to Bermuda. Her boat is to dock this Friday in Baltimore. 
With this week's Hurricane Florence coming....i'm not sure what is going to happen.
I just pray she is safe!!

She asked for something with apples on for this time of year.
This is what I made for her.





I just had to use the Basket Weave EF to make it look like picking apples and putting into a basket. I know my card does not look like that but that's the thought that came into my head as I was thinking about making this. I love the look of this Basket Weave Embossing Folder. It's a very deep impression. I used a small piece of October Afternoon paper that has been in my stash for years.


Card Set Details:

Stamps: Sassy Salutations (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Real Red, Very Vanilla, October Afternoon Paper
Accessories: Stitched Seasons Framelits, Basket Weave EF, Silver Paper Clip & Metallic Enamel Dots, Old Olive 1/8 Ribbon, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I love when things come together so easily!

********************************************************
My thoughts today....


That is all for now.
Thanks for stopping by & have a nice day!
~Wendy



3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a pretty fall birthday card. The apple paper is so sweet! As for 911, I think we all know where we were when this happened. Very sad day, indeed!

Carol L said...

For some strange reason now I'm craving apple muffins, apple oatmeal, apple anything! LOL Great set of cards and I hope your customer docks safely. Hopefully they're speeding the landing along to get ahead of Florence and get everyone home safely. I'm beginning to wonder if we're ever going to see the sun again in PA?! I saw a sign yesterday on the road that said "OK, Who pissed off Mother Nature?" LOL Good one!

Janice M said...

What a pretty set of cards! Tis the season! How'd I miss that embossing folder? It goes perfectly with the apples. Wow sure hope your customer gets back home safely! I could never go on a cruise during hurricane season, maybe not even ever?!!