Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thanksgiving Pillow Boxes

Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Quite the cold morning here in south central PA!
Burrrr!
Thankfully the temps are headed up into the 40's today! 
Yesterday it was around freezing most of the day. 
I didn't mind it too much as I ran my oven most of the day baking my neck pumpkins.
The pumpkin is now sitting in the strainer draining the water off.
I will measure it out and put into the freezer later to make pies & pumpkin rolls!

Miss Gigi continues to do superb!
Took her last pain pill and anti inflammatory meds yesterday.
Eating and running around like a crazy girl!
I'm thankful that everything went well with her procedure.

Today I am sharing a Thanksgiving treat that I whipped up one rainy day!
I have several packs of Stampin Up Pillow Boxes.
They are white polka dots on Kraft cardstock.
I changed the color of them using Terracotta Tile inkpad and a sponge brayer.
I left them dry about an hour then decorated them!
While they were drying I did my stamping & diecutting...




My sentiment was stamped in Cajun Craze and diecut with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits.
The piece of woodgrain paper is from the Come to Gather DSP and I diecut that with the Stitched Nested Dies. My beautiful leaves are from the Gather Together set and diecut with the coordinating Gathered Leaves Dies. I had in my stash some Copper Cord from years ago so I tied a bow and added it to my sentiment panel.

Project Details:

Stamps: A Wish for Everything, Gather Together
Ink: Cajun Craze, Terracotta Tile
Cardstock: Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Terracotta Tile, Copper Foil Paper, Come to Gather DSP
Accessories: Pillow Boxes, Sponge Brayer, Gather Leaves Dies, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Stitched Nested Dies, Terracotta Tile Scalloped Linen Ribbon, Copper Cord (retired), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Alot of work went into these but I was so thrilled with them once they were finished!
I filled these with the bite sized Twix, 3 Muskateer, Milky Way & a Snickers candy bars.
The Pillow Boxes are an awesome way to to fancy up and give a treat or even cash or a gift card inside! 
I made 6 of these and hopefully I priced them to sell!

************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

These are just fabulous and so beautiful for gifting someone with a few Thanksgiving treats! Love the leaves, including the touch of gold and the sentiment is wonderful. So glad Gigi is recovering nicely and feeling better. If her teeth were that bad, she must have been in pain for quite some time. Hugs to you both :)

Vicki Burdick said...

These are so pretty, I love the color and how you did that, too cool!!
The leaves and sentiment are super!!! Love everything about them!