Thursday, July 8, 2021

Turtle Bites

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

Hope your staying cool! 
This week has been horrible with the temps in the 90's & high humidity!
I haven't been doing much...no stamping going on here.
Honestly, I have been glued to the Hallmark Channel watching Christmas in July movies! I just love them even if I have seen them before!

Today I have a cute treat to share using the Turtle & Friends bundle.
One evening as I was at the grocery store I found some Turtle Bites Candy and grabbed them to use them with the Turtle & Friends stamp set.
I saved a video from Marisa Alvarez that she had made candy treats back at Christmas time. I changed it up to use my Turtle Bites Candies and then added my adorable little turtle!





Project Details:

Stamps: Turtle & Friends
Ink: Memento Black, Granny Apple Green, Real Red, Granny Apple Green Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Patterned Party DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, 1/2 inch Circle Punch, Real Red Linen Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals Cell Bags, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


These sweet treats are very easy to create and one that is sure to make someone smile! 
Marisa suggested keeping the bag that your Stampin Dimensionals come in. I have saved them for a few months so I have a nice little supply of them.
In each bag I was able to put 4 Turtle Bites in and then wrap the excess around to the back and it sealed itself shut. 
This only uses a small piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/4 x 3.
Then a piece of DSP measuring 5 x 2 3/4.
I used a 1/2 inch Circle Punch to notch my ends where the ribbon goes around the project. I kept this step for last so I could tie my ribbon tight around the candy treat. The cello bag just lays loosely on the cardstock and the ribbon holds it tight but you could always add some adhesive to give it extra support. 

Lastly, I added my turtle that I stamped on a Circle Die.
I added some adorable little hearts that are in the set and my sentiment.
I used some retired Real Red Linen Ribbon from last year to tie my cello bags on and made a nice bow. Then I added my turtle with 2 Dimensionals so it stayed in place over the Red Linen Ribbon.

I absolutely love these!
Hope you do, too!

******************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




4 comments:

Carol L said...

There must be something in the air that has to do with turtles, because I made 2 turtle cards yesterday LOL That's too funny :) I never heard of turtle bites, but they sound yummy which reminds me. Have you seen the Limited edition of the Key Lime KitKat bars? Oh my gosh are they ever yummy! They also have an apple pie version which didn't sound appealing to me, but the key lime is tasty! I bought a couple extras and stuck them in the freezer for another time :) If you can find 'em, gotta try 'em before they're gone! You can't miss that lime green wrapper!

JoAnne D. said...

The candy treats are a winner.....so cute! Also love your comment about watching the Hallmark Christmas movies. They're the BEST! Great way to pass the time on these hot, humid days in NE PA.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute and turtle candy is one of my faves!!

D'Ann said...

Super cute treats! Who would not want one? I love that little turtle guy :)