Saturday, September 9, 2017

Painted Harvest

Hello & Happy Saturday!

I recently snagged the Painted Harvest stamp set along with that beautiful Painted Autumn DSP from the Stampin Up Holiday Catalog! That entire suite just drew me in the minute I saw it! I sat down the other to create a card using the Painted Harvest set and there is a bit of learning curve with it but not too hard to figure out. It is more of a 2 step stamping process. It does not give the clearest image but that is how it is suppose to look, almost watercolored.

Here is my first try with this set....




This flower reminded me of an old sunflower set called Serene Sunflower which I still have. I might have to dig it out and see how they are similar they are! 
This set makes such pretty flowers that I've seen done in many different colors not just the traditional Crushed Curry sunflowers! Just yesterday, I seen one done with Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant and it was beautiful! 


Painted Harvest Card:

Stamps: Painted Harvest
Ink: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accessories: Layering Oval Framelits, Crushed Curry Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I see many possibilities with this set! Can't wait to play with it some more!

***************************
My thoughts today....


With so much uncertainty in our world we all need to say a prayer!
Florida is under the gun in dealing with Hurricane Irma that is said to be catastrophic. Texas is still dealing with such devastation from Hurricane Harvey a few weeks ago. It's heartbreaking!

That's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a nice day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

This really is a pretty sunflower image and I love the muted details. It looks great offset on the cardbase too and the sentiment panel looks perfect with those 2 little enamel dots! Do enjoy your weekend, we are so fortunate to be enjoying beautiful weather while there are some having a horrible experience with weather :(

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Learning curve... LOL! Seems I learn even when it is a no-brainer, these days! Someone is always trying to teach me some kind of lesson. Anyway, this is so pretty, and you did a fantastic job. I would have had those centers all over the place! Great colors, too!

Janice M said...

This is a pretty set! Wonder what it would look like stamped in those new oxide inks and than sprayed??!