Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Hearts, Hearts & More Hearts...

 Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope your week is going well so far!

Today I am sharing a Valentines Day card that I made up for myself.
I got my card lady's order finished and delivered to her. Hopefully that will hold her over for a bit. It felt good to sit and just play with things in my stash. I wanted to get some Valentines Day cards made to send out soon.




You know I like to mix new and old things together and this card is no different!
I started with a cardbase of Highland Heather then a layer of Basic White that was run thru the Big Shot with the NEW Gingham EF.
Next I grabbed some paper scraps from the Sweet Talk DSP measuring 1 x 4. I staggered them on my embossed Basic White cardstock. Next I pulled out the retired Meant to Be Bundle and diecut a Highland Heather stitched heart from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. The other heart were pieces already diecut that I keep in a clear envelope inside each stamp case. I then stamped my sentiment from the Meant to Be stamp set in Real Red ink on my Basic White heart and glued it all together. I added a bow with the White Glittered Ribbon and added some Red Rhinestones for sparkle. 
I liked that my Highland Heather diecut heart matched the hearts in the one sheet of DSP.
The Sweet Talk DSP is one of the nicest packs of Valentines Day paper that we've had in awhile. Such pretty prints & patterns!

Card Details:

Stamps: Meant to Be
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Highland Heather, Basic White, Real Red, Sweet Talk DSP
Accessories: Gingham EF, Be Mine Stitched Framelits (retired), White Glittered Ribbon, Red Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Today Shawn is off since he worked all weekend.
I'm not sure what kind of trouble we will get into but I need to grab some groceries sometime before we get another blast of artic air that is to come during the night tonight.
After that I will hibernate a few days and work on some more Valentines Day cards!
Stay tuned! LOL

********************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Super cute, Wendy! I love those pretty prints too!

Carol L said...

You got me totally hooked with using 3 strips of dsp on cards like this one and I love making them too! I kick myself all the time for not getting that Highland Heather color - I just love it and it makes for some very pretty valentines too!