Friday, January 26, 2024

Update:

 Happy Friday, my stamp friends....

I know my blog has been sitting unloved the last few days. I've had a bit of a set back.
Once I woke up Monday and my migraine was gone I still felt horrible. That is not unusual with migraines and sometimes it can take a day or 2 to bounce back. Tuesday I slept the day away. When Shawn got in from work that afternoon I got up and still felt bad. I checked my blood pressure as I do every now & then. It was 154/98. After 3 times of checking it in 10 minutes I called the doctor to be seen. They had me in within the hour. My blood pressure rose even higher by then.....180/100. I saw a different doctor than my normal but he was very thorough. It was determined that I was dehydrated and was given a new blood pressure medicine on top of the one I have been on since I was 30. He said lots & lots of fluids and rest and if I did not feel any better in a few days I was to be reseen. 

The new blood pressure medicine took my numbers down within 30 mins of taking that pill but I have been having dizziness with it and that is a side effect. Also when I am up I get lightheaded and find myself taking some deep breaths. I am slowly moving a little more each day but far from my normal schedule. The Charley Horses in my calves & feet have subsided so I think the dehydration is better and i'm getting some food in me. I never got sick with this migraine like I normally do but the smell or thought of food makes me nauseated. That is getting better day by day. Last evening I cooked spaghetti for supper but only ate a small amount. Shawn grabbed me a container of fresh fruits at the store and that has been a God send. It helps with the dehydration and I can eat lots of it without being nauseated. I am managing the best I can for now. I see my regular doctor Tuesday evening so we will see what she says. Who knew a severe migraine could turn into this?! 

I have a card order on my plate for Audrey but I am thinking I am not going to get anywhere near my stamps anytime soon. I'm still dealing with a very sore neck and my head sometimes feels discombobulated...is that even a word? Eyes are still a little sensitive to the light which I hope gets better. Luckily, we had cloudy, rainy skies recently so that was a blessing. One day at a time for now.

If I get to feeling better by next Tuesday i'll be posting but if not I will be back Wednesday to post an update after my doctor visit.
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

Thanks for the update Wendy. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this right now and I sure do hope things turn around for you soon. I don't know how I'd manage with the dizziness and nausea. For now the only thing you should worry about is taking care of yourself and getting all the fluids and rest your body needs. Cards can wait until you're feeling more like yourself again. Sending prayers and big hugs for a speedy healing!

JD/ Jill said...

Hi Wendy! I love looking at your cards, and I was paging down through and spotted this post.
At the moment, I am dealing with vertigo...which I got for the second time. I had it back in 2018..and I got it from high blood pressure. My hubby took me to the ER where my bp went up to 240... I ended up in the hospital for 5 days till they finally got it down to 160. They didn't want to send me home...but my ins would no longer cover it. 6 months later aft PT my dizziness, etc.
went away...

Here I am again dealing with dizziness. This time it came on after hubby and I tot that bad virus that was going around. I got a very bad migraine headache that lasted for two days. and my Vertigo returned. I'm still dealing with it. I had to go for a two hour test yesterday. I should have the results in a few days.

didn't mean to tell you my life story but I just wanted to let you know that I know what you are dealing with (also I am on two blood pressure meds too. I hope things have gotten better for you.