Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Birthday Card

Hello & Happy Saturday!

I'm up early and made a card this morning for my sister in law who is having her 4oth birthday party today!
As I type this it's getting ready to storm and we have warnings coming across the Weather Channel. It's about time for us to leave to go to the party so I wanted to get my card uploaded before we left.

I recently purchased the Happy Hour set from Stampin Up but have yet to use it. My sister in law's birthday is the reason I purchased it. She likes to party so this set it perfect for her!
I grabbed several packs of dsp but chose to use the Floral District because of the flashy, bright colors! I made a money card for her because she is one of those types of people that has everything and I scratched my head for weeks thinking of what to get her. I just decided to give her money!




I love this paper because it goes great with this stamp set!

This card fits inside an Open End Envelope.


Happy Hour Card:

Stamps: Happy Hour
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Memento Black
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Neenah White, Floral District DSP
Accessories: Stamp A Ma Jig, Daffodil Delight 1/4 Grosgrain, White Pearls, Scor Tape


Well, that is all I have for today!
I'm off to a birthday party and hope these storms soon calm down!

Thanks for stopping by &  have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really cute card....She is going to love it! I like the bright cheery Summery colors!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Money is always in style, Wendy! Some people think it is the easy way out, but I love getting to pick out stuff on my wish list.

I just adore the colors you used!

Bonnie said...

You can't go wrong with money and this card is such a fun way to present it!