Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Color Challenge 389

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Another gorgeous day here in south central PA! 
One of those days I have to fight with myself to go downstairs and stamp but I did it!

I went to SCS to find out what the colors were for today's Color Challenge 389.
The colors are: Summer Starfruit, Bravo Burgundy & Regal Rose!
Of my, what a combination!
I thought & thought on this all afternoon while organizing my ribbon drawers and finally got something created! Not sure how much I like it but here it is....


I pulled out an old SU set called Seasonal Sprays and stamped it fully in Bravo Burgundy. My mind went towards Fall. I then used the Regal Rose as a layer under my white cardstock that I embossed with the Square Lattice EF. My main image I layered onto a piece of Bravo Burgundy and punched it with the SU Eyelet Border Punch and added some Summer Starfruit Ribbon.  Lastly, I added the sentiment and attached everything to the Bravo Burgundy cardbase. No pearls or rhinestones on this one. Trying to keep some of my cards flat for easy mailing. This one will be going in with my Aunt's huge card order!

I have to say that I kinda like it but that piece of Regal Rose cardstock just throws me off a bit.
What do you think?


Color Challenge 389 Card:

Stamps: Seasonal Sprays, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Accessories: SU Square Lattice EF, SU Eyelet Border Punch, Summer Starfruit Ribbon, Circle Punches, 2 Sided Tape

Well, that is all for me this evening!
I'm off in search of a really good apple pie recipe! Apples are just coming into season here and Shawn brought some home last evening. I have a craving for a homemade apple pie and maybe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!:)

Thanks for stopping by & have a good nite!
~Wendy

No comments: