Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Springtime Tulips

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday!

Wasn't yesterday a beautiful day with the brilliant sunshine and temps hitting 80 degrees!? 
That kind of weather puts a spring in your step!
Since I have been under the weather & throwing my back out of wack in the last few weeks I spent the day working on getting some housework done that's been on the back burner.
Today we are in for another 80 degree day with some rain this evening and then our temps will drop back to normal. Hope you get to enjoy it while it's here!


I have the last pack of cards to share that I made my customer.
She asked for 4 packs and in trying to keep them springy, this is what I created for her.

The stamp set I used is Terrific Tulips.....definitely an oldie but a goodie!!



Since Terrific Tulips is a 2 Step stamp set I kept this very simple with my flowers in Blushing Bride and Old Olive for the stems & leaves. I added a piece of Blushing Bride Twine that I tied around my white panel and finished with a simple bow. Nothing was popped up. The sentiment comes from the Easter Blossoms stamp set which is also retired.
I kept wanting to add to my card...rhinestones, pearls, butterflies...but in the end "less is more" won out!


Happy Easter Card Set:

Stamps: Terrific Tulips, Easter Blossoms (sentiment)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Basic Black Archival
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Accessories: Blushing Bride Twine, Stamp A Ma Jig, 2 Sided Tape


I actually like how simple this card is and so pretty in these colors!

***********************************************************

My thoughts today....


WooHoo!

That is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy this beautiful day ahead!!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I have this set and you can not go wrong with it no matter what color you make them! Just gorgeous!

Carol L said...

What a pretty set of cards! I love the 2-step stamping method and the dual colors of those tulips looks lovely! The fonts on the sentiment just add to the beauty too! I hope you're feeling better and able to enjoy this gorgeous day! Whew! What are we gonna do when summer gets here if it's 83 in early April????

Janice M said...

These are so pretty! Don't think I own and 1 step stamping sets?? I tend to buy lined stamps an than color I guess?? I too like that font on the sentiment goes perfectly with your pretty tulips!

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfection, I love those tulips!!!