Friday, April 21, 2017

You're In My Thoughts Drapery Fold

Hello & Happy Friday!

A dreary morning on tap here. 
I think most of our weekend is to be kinda gloomy but we can always use the rain to help bring on those May flowers, right?

Yesterday my hubby & I got out for a nice bike ride! The weather was sunny, 76 degrees and no wind which was perfect conditions! Of course, I was a sweat puddle to we got back to the car but it felt great! Today we may be able to get a walk in as long as Mother Nature holds the rain off until later.

Today I have a card to share that I made a few weeks ago.
I am trying to use up more DSP and some In Color stuff.




I really liked that drapery fold so I had to try it again and added a pretty butterfly stamped with the Papillion Potpourri set and punched it out with the coordinating Butterfly Punch. I know it's kinda hard to see the butterfly with that speckled paper but I thought it looked plain. At the top I added some Watermelon Wonder Lacy Ribbon that I folded in half and tied a simple knot. The space in the right hand corner was just enough to add my sentiment. 


You're In My Thoughts Card:

Stamps: Best of Greetings (retired), Papillion Potpourri
Ink: Watermelon Wonder
Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Birthday Bouquet DSP (retired)
Accessories: Butterfly Punch, Simply Score Board, Watermelon Wonder Lacy Ribbon, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I don't think I could ever get tired of using this fold. 
It really adds some interest but does use up quite a bit of dsp. 

*****************************************
My thoughts today....


Make it a great day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO pretty, I always forget about this fold and thank you for using it today! I want to have a class on this, so this is a great reminder! Fresh & springy! Have a great weekend!

Janice M said...

I still haven't tried this fold yet! Lord knows I have enough paper to give it a try! LOL Maybe this weekend?? Although my card making mojo seems to have taken a vacation?! Need to find a good audio book to listen too an try to crank some out soon! I like the way you added a butterfly to it. Have a great weekend and stay dry! Hopefully it won't be a complete wash out!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Happy Friday to you and these gorgeous drapery folds! I am such a slacker.... both of my kids are coming so gonna be a busy weekend!

Carol L said...

I too like this folded card and the dsp looks so fresh and spring-like. I see the butterfly just fine, because that pretty ribbon ties everything together nicely. It looks like we're in for a dreary weekend again (weatherwise) but I hope yours is a good one regardless!

Vicki Burdick said...

so sweet, love that fold!