Monday, November 6, 2017

Baby Wipe Technique

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

Yesterday was a bit on the rainy, dreary side but it was a good day to start some house cleaning. My hubby had to work so it was a good opportunity to do that!

Today I have a card to share that I made with my stamp friends on Saturday.
It uses the Baby Wipe Technique which was very fun! I did this many years ago and recently seen it done again and so this card was born! 




This card is my favorite of them all because of the pretty Fall colors captured in the leaves from using the baby wipe technique! I pulled out the Copper Trim and tried trying a bow and I wasn't happy that my ends frayed every time I would cut them. So I thought I seen somewhere that it was said that the trim would pull apart like a mesh so that's what I did with it instead of a bow. I adhered it under my Happy Birthday Sentiment and loved the look of it! All the girls cards looked different because of the way the trim turned out. Since the trim is copper, I pulled out my Encore Metallic Copper Pad to stamp the veins of the leaves once the solid leaves dried. So happy with this card! It will be going to my sister in law in about 2 weeks! I hope she likes it!

Happy Birthday Card:

Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Rose Wonder (sentiment)
Ink: Reinkers- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze & Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Encore Metallic Copper 
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Sticthed Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Pumpkin Pie Enamel Dots, Copper Trim, Baby Wipes, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

After doing this one...I am going to try something similar for Christmas!
I think the girls will love that!

*************************************************
My thoughts today...


I'm not giving up! 
Once my house work is done I can go STAMP!!! LOL

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous, Wendy! Ohhh, I have that copper pad and never remember to use it. Thanks!

Carol L said...

I haven't done the baby wipe technique in ages, but I love the colors on the leaves! This is such a pretty design, and I like that each leaf is different! Have a great week ahead!

Cindy Linthicum said...

What a beautiful fall card!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, how did I miss this? This is gorgeous! I have only tried this technique once, but I might have to give it another go, seeing how pretty yours turned out! And I LOVE the ribbon...gives it a nice earthy feeling!