Thursday, January 30, 2020

Pickles, Anyone?

Hello & Happy Thursday!

It was so nice yesterday having some nice bright sunshine for a change!
I got alot accomplished!
I have to start cleaning out the bathroom and moving things downstairs to the bathroom. 
We will also be moving Ryan down there until the bathroom renovation is done.
There is no way Shawn or I could carry him up & down the steps every time he needs to go to the potty or shower. We decided to just move his bed and all his things down there for the meantime.
I told him I will be down there everyday stamping so he won't be alone.

How familiar are you with Stampin Up! products?
I came into the stamping scene in 2001 when my neighbor & BFF invited me to a workshop.
I have lots & lots of DSP since then.
Today I pulled out a pack from 2004 called Pickles and made some cards with it!





Do any of you remember this paper?
I have ALOT of the older SU papers in my stash.
Most of them are singled sided not like the double sided prints we have today.
I loved using this! 
I paired up my Pickles DSP with a newer stamp set called A Piece of Cake.
It coordinates with the Cake Builder Punch.
I have had this set since last February and I am just now inking it up!




Card Details:

Stamps: Piece of Cake
Ink: Memento Black, Eggplant Envy (retired), Copic Markers
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, More Mustard (retired), Eggplant Envy (retired), Whisper White, Pickles DSP (retired)
Accessories: Oval Layering Framelits, Cake Builder Punch, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I made these for my card lady because she said to use whatever I have in my stash.
I'm not sure she realizes just HOW MUCH is in my stash!! LOL

I pulled out my Eggplant Envy ink pad from the early 2000's.
It's a flip top one and surprisingly I did not have to re-ink it!
That just made me smile!

*************************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Haha! 
I'm pretty sure my dear sweet hubby knows how much I have invested in my stamp room!
How bout you?

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ha, I started with DOTS stamps....that is how old I am. But you know, it is great that some of the big companies I started with are still around.... House Mouse, Art Impressions, etc. That is when a show was mostly scrapbooking! I think that paper called Pickles is a hoot! How fun that you got to use it. I can't wait to see what I have to re-ink for my DD. That will be coming up in 10 days... Anyway, I love your fun cards... keep em coming!

Janice M said...

Yes the sunshine and warmer temps yesterday was nice! Got out and filled my bird feeders. Kinda chilly today but it is still Winter I guess?! I don't have much SU designer paper but have tons of others and i still keep buying more?! Sadly my ink spots from years ago are starting to dry up and i didn't buy many reinkers. Thiscolor combo makes for some bright and cheerful Birthday cards! Love them!

Vicki Burdick said...

These are amazing, I love the colors!!

Carol L said...

the more I see this design, the more I like it! It's a great combo of papers and designs to feature a fun cake! Well done! Good luck with your bathroom remodel, it will all be worth it I'm sure :)