Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Notepads Galore!

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Christmas is getting closer & closer!

My husband asked me what I would like for Christmas and I told him nothing several times. I just cannot think of anything that I want or need. I'm not much of a jewelry person and I definitely don't want anything for the kitchen since I don't like to cook! LOL I'm just happy to have my entire family here with us on Christmas Day! I could really do with out all the holiday hoopla of gift giving. To be able to spend the holiday with my family is most important because I know one day my parents wont be here so I try to make the most of things while they are still here with us! :)

So, today I am sharing a bunch of my covered notepads. I use to make the covered tablets but I have been unable to find the spiral bound tablets at Michael's the last few years. Not sure why they do not carry them anymore. I moved on to purchasing a pack of notepads at Sam's Club. 24 for $5.95. I cover them and have a matching pen to go with. These were not a big seller for me this year. Not sure why as they are cute as a button! I have a bunch leftover....

Let me know what you think??


















I personally think they are so pretty! 
I also made up a bunch of the long skinny notepads that can be used for grocery shopping. I'm not sure if I have any pictures of them but I did sell out of them. If I find pictures I will share them here!


Here are the directions for making the Covered Notepads:


Covered Notepads:
 
I used a pack of notepads purchased from Sam’s Club and they are sized 5 X 8. Sam’s Club sells them 24 in a pack for under $6. Depending on the size of the notepads you will have to adjust the size of your cardstock. This recipe is for the 5 X 8 notepads.
 
Cut cardstock at 10 3/4 X 8 1/4. Score at 5 1/4 and 5 1/2.  I decorate the top part of the notepad with matching DSP before attaching it to the inside of the cardstock. I also add a piece of DSP inside the barrel a Pentel RSVP Pen.
Measurement for DSP on the top of the notepad is 5 X 2 1/2.

Measurement for DSP for inside the pen is 3/4 X 3 1/4. 


Well, that is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
Happy Holidays to you & yours!
~Wendy

2 comments:

D'Ann said...

Oh my, these are gorgeous and boy did you ever make a lot of varieties!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love them,, so cute. I can not imagine why they did not sell that well for you this year, they are adorable!!! My fave is the one with the snowman!