Thursday, August 23, 2018

Petal Palette & Perennial Birthday

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Hope your week is going well.
I have been in a fog lately.
Yesterday we had a cold front come thru and our weather changed for the better!
Last night we slept with the windows open which we have not done in quite awhile.
This cooler weather is much welcomed and I am hoping we can find some time to get the bikes out!
I think a nice bike ride might get me out of this funk i've been in.

Yesterday I went to my stamp table to try to create something.
I had this card idea on my phone but have no idea who or where it came from.
There was only a small snippet of it in the picture so I tried my hardest to create something just from that one small corner of the card.
This is the picture on my phone and then the card I created..... 




I'm not sure why this was on my phone but I was drawn to the colors!

Card Details:

Stamps: Petal Palette, Perennial Birthday
Ink: Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock: Emerald Envy, Thick Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, Petal Pairs Embossing Folders, Emerald Envy 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Those colors look great together, don't they?
Emerald Envy retired the end of May, sadly.
I have a ton of this ribbon so i'm sure you'll be seeing more of this around in the future!

************************************************
My thoughts today......


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy this nice weather!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Carol L said...

Your card turned out beautiful from the picture on your phone! Those colors really do look great together, and I love the ribbon too! I hope you get to ride your bike in the next few days as it's supposed to be gorgeous weather! BTW, that giraffe is too cute :) Enjoy this day!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is so amazing. I always love seeing your matchy style. I am so excited to have windows and doors open. Sounds like we will pay for it next week. For now I will take it. Jim is off and maybe we can go for a long ride! Enjoy, whatever you do!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Wendy! You did good with that little bit of inspiration! It is like FALL here today---I almost had to put on my sweats this morning!!! Not complaining, it's beautiful and at least it's not raining!

Janice M said...

This is so pretty Wendy! I can see how that card caught your eye. It's such a pretty color combo. Hope you can get your bikes out this weekend cause I believe the heat is due back next week. :-( Been nice having the windows open these past 2 days though for sure!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Very pretty card! Love how you used just an embossed strip down the side instead of a full card front. Why can't I think of things like this? Hope you are staying cool.