Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bokeh Dots & Dandelion Wishes

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your all having a nice weekend so far.
Calling for a wet weekend here which is fine by me.
I just need to pop out to grab some groceries later on.

Today I have a card to share made using another one of the Distinktive style stamp sets.
This one is called Bokeh Dots and it's on page 153 of the Stampin Up annual catalog.
I paired it up with Dandelion Wishes.




I stamped my Bokeh Dots with Balmy Blue ink. 
Once that dried I heat embossed the dandelion wishes and sentiment with black embossing powder.
I added a black rhinestone to the center of the dandelion and a bow made with retired white organza ribbon.

Card Details:

Stamps: Bokeh Dots, Dandelion Wishes
Ink: Balmy Blue, Versamark
Cardstock: Balmy Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Black Faceted Dot, 1/4 White Organza Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I've noticed with these Distinktive stamps that you cannot use a juicy inkpad or your image will turn out blotchy. I just took a paper towel and blotted my ink pad to get the excess off and inked up my stamp. Worked like a charm!

*****************************************************
My thoughts today.....


6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty! My upline just sent me a card yesterday using this stamp, it makes such a nice background! Enjoy your weekend!

Carol L said...

I made a bokeh background just yesterday, but I did mine without a stamp! Blue background with white dots though - too funny! I will make a card with it soon :) Love this design, and the colors are so pretty together too! Love the silhouette image and tiny bow as well. Kindness matters, I agree. I will keep that in mind as I move through this weekend and wish you a good weekend as well!

D'Ann said...

Very pretty! I saw your previous creations and decided to get the Dandelion Wishes set. Now I think I need this Bokeh stamp too! lol...

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a beautiful card for a wedding! I really love this with the balmy blue ink and card. I read what Carol said and how funny that I too have had Boken ideas lately, and bought a stencil with different size circles so I can give it a go. Rain, rain go away!

Cindy Linthicum said...

What a beautiful card! I must check out his Bokeh stamp...

Janice M said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the font of that sentiment a lot.