Friday, August 31, 2018

Treehouse Adventures

Hello & Happy Friday!

I realized it's been over a week since I last posted.
Ryan's sickness has me taking a back seat to doing any crafting.
He's been sick most of this week and in bed for the most part.  
Finally the doctor called and got him some medicine to help with the nausea. 
I feel so bad for him and the suffering he is going thru. 
The doctor is still waiting on pending test results. This test is very involved and will tell the tale of what is going on with him. He is also set up to see a Gastro doctor next Tuesday.
I will be honest...I wish it was sooner!! 
He looks terrible and completely exhausted and just not himself.
Whatever is making him sick I hope they find out soon because each & everyday I am growing more & more concerned about his overall health. Today it is 1 month since this all began.
We were told that yesterday (Thursday) or today (Friday) that the test results would be in. 
My fingers are crossed that today we will know more! 


Yesterday while he slept most of the afternoon I did pop down to my stamp table for maybe an hour or so. I wasn't sure where to start since my mojo has been completely zapped.
I started with using this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge.
I also used Treehouse Adventures for a Congrats card.
Here is the sketch & my card.




I loved the dolphin in the inspiration picture but sadly I do not have a dolphin stamp.
Instead, I used the little house from the Treehouse Adventures set to create a card for a new home owner. The inside is blank to write a personal message.

Card Details:

Stamps: Treehouse Adventures, Itty Bitty Greetings
Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Blueberry Bushel, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake DSP. Whisper White
Accessories: Oval Layering Framelits, Triple Banner Punch, Up & Away Thinlits, Blueberry Bushel 1/8 Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dot, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


That is all I have for now.
If you could please say alittle prayer today for Ryan, it would be much appreciated.
Going to skip the "My thoughts today" since my thoughts are all over the place.

Thanks for stopping by...
~Wendy

7 comments:

Carol L said...

I am so sorry to learn that Ryan is not feeling better after all this time. I certainly hope and pray that this test result brings the answers you're looking for. I know how awful it is to wait like this, while watching your loved one feeling so sick :( Sending healing hugs and prayers your way for brighter days ahead. I wish there was something I could do to help :(
As for the card, it's such a cheerful card, and proves that cardmaking is therapy when we have a lot on our minds. What a great new-home-owner card with the little treehouse and I love how you created the scene! Wearing my DT hat, I say thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketches, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your answers are going to come sooner than you expect. Hang in there!

Judith said...

Praying for you and your family. God Bless

Cindy Linthicum said...

So sorry Ryan is still sick. I'll definitely pray for him. Hope you get the test results back today. Glad you could find a little time to escape to your crafty area. Even just creating this really cute card can help lift your own spirits even if just for a bit. Hang in there...

Patti said...

I'm glad you had a little creative during this worrisome time. Glad for you and glad for us because I LOVE your card!! Everything about it! I will definitely pray for Ryan and I do thank you for choosing to join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Prayers for Ryan but I am glad you were able to find a few minutes for yourself. Your card is lovely for a new homeowner. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

This is adorable! Perfect new home card!
Will be praying for Ryan!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Janice M said...

So sorry to hear that Ryan still isn't feeling well! :-( Hoping you get some answers soon. Love your card! Perfect new home card, you rocked this sketch!