Sunday, August 5, 2018

Dandelion Wishes

Good Morning & Happy August!

The time is just flying by!

Sorry for being MIA this last week. It was crazy without a washing machine and on top of that my adult son who is in a wheelchair was pretty sick. I'm thinking something he ate did not agree with him as he spent 2 days in bed. He's still not 100% but slowly getting there. It was not a good week to be without a washing machine either especially with him being sick but we managed to get thru it and Shawn was an especially huge help when it came to lifting him from his wheelchair. Poor guy, I felt so bad for him but hopefully this week will be better.

I have not had much stamping time with taking care of him that is why the lack of posts but yesterday I did manage to get to my table and create a card for some very dear friends of ours.
They celebrated their anniversary this past week and yes, I completely forgot!!




It was fun to get back to creating a card.
I kept my card monochromatic with a couple pops of silver.
I was inspired by a card I recently received from a friend that was done in Pacific Point & White. 
It was absolutely gorgeous!


Card Details:

Stamps: Dandelion Wishes, Itty Bitty Greetings
Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Silver Foil Paper, Pacific Point DSP
Accessories: Subtle EF, Winter White Embossing Powder, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Circle Layering Framelits, White/Silver Metallic Ribbon, Pacific Point Enamel Heart (retired), Rhinestone, Heat Gun, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I added a gift card for Red Robin and delivered the card last evening to our friends.
It's always great seeing them!

******************************************************
My thoughts today....


I know I am a few days late but better late than never, right?

We've had SO much rain in the last 2 weeks.
Weather guy said yesterday that is was about 20 inches! 
Yes, you heard me correctly...20 inches!
Wouldn't it be nice if we could package it up and send some out west for those suffering from those horrible wildfires. Such a sad situation. 


That is all for me now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


5 comments:

Carol L said...

OH, how I love this pretty card with that wonderful dandelion image! The bits floating away from the flower are like the years flying by when you're married! Our 50th is coming up at the end of the year and I just cannot imagine that 50 years went by just like that! I'm sure your friends enjoyed this card as much as I did, and those wonderful colors are bright and cheerful too! So sorry Ryan has been ill, but hopefully he's on the mend now and feeling batter each day. Have a good week ahead!

LeAnne said...

I hope Ryan is on the mend...it's never fun to be sick but being sick in the summer is the pits! I am happy you got some stampin' time in...I am in a creative funk and have NO mojo!! Hopefully it will return soon! Enjoy your week!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You sure did have a rough week, but I am glad it is behind all of you now. That Shawn is an alright guy... LOL. So nice that you got to relax a it and make this pretty card. I think we both deserve a smoothie!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Hope Ryan feels much better this week. Pretty card! I'm sure they loved their anniversary card and gift card to RR. Stay cool!

Janice M said...

This is so pretty! Love the gem in the center of the bloom and the pretty silver edges ribbon you used is the perfect accents.