Hello & Happy Monday, Friends!
It's Labor Day here in the USA so Happy Labor Day!
My hubby went fishing this morning with a co worker and later Kelsey & Sushi will be coming over. We will be grilling and picking at a Halloween puzzle that I started yesterday.
Before I get to my card for today I want to share some sad news.
My dear sweet card lady, Audrey passed away last week.
She was a woman deep in her faith and loved her family so very much.
Blessed in so many ways! I can only imagine the void they must be feeling without her here. I know I am feeling it but I'm also glad she is no longer suffering with her cancer. She passed last Wednesday, Sept. 2nd. She would have been 96 years old this coming Saturday. She lived a wonderful & blessed life and will be missed so VERY much!
So my card today is all about friendship. I would say I never really had any special friendships growing up except with the 3 neighboring girls (all sisters) but as we got older we all went in different directions. I do still see them here & there. I would say that my first true and meaningful friendship came in my 30's with my ex neighbor and to this day my very good friend, Deb. We can talk about anything at anytime. Then came along Audrey 13 years ago. There was just so much we could talk about and things I've learned from these 2 ladies that will stay with me the rest of my life.
Card Details:
Stamps: Free As A Bird (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Peaceful Pine, Stampin Blends-Peaceful Pines & Cloud Cover
Cardstock: Cloud Cover, Velvet Meadow Specialty DSP
Accessories: Stitched Nested Dies (retired), Cloud Cover Textured Ribbon (Online Exclusives), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Audrey wrote me so many notes & letters always telling me how she appreciated our friendship and thanked me for my talent with making her cards. I know she would not want me to stop making cards but she was my biggest customer and I'm not sure now where this journey is going to go. For now I am still making cards...
Audrey March 2026
******************************
My thoughts today...
~Wendy



1 comment:
Oh, Wendy, I am so sorry to hear this! I know Audrey was very special to you and obviously you were special to her! Rest in the fact that she's no longer suffering! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love Cloud Cover and you've used so many pretty elements on your card. I didn't get this DSP but after seeing this, I may just have to! Enjoy what's left of the Labor Day weekend and know that I will always be your friend!
Post a Comment