Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your all having a great weekend so far!
Today's Our Creative Corner Challenge is themed "1,2,3,4" and i'll explain to you what that means.
1 piece of patterned paper
2 layers and the card base doesn't count as a layer
3 stamps must be used
4 embellishments

Here is my samples:




I used:

1 piece of patterned paper by Moxxie
2 layers - my main image and the piece with the patterned paper
3 stamps: I used the Sanded Background on my card base, the branch & flowers and the sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers
4 embellishments - my pretty Pink Pirouette bow, pearl brad and 2 Kaiser pearls.

At first I really thought this was gonna be a toughie but it worked out well, so well that I might attempt another card later! :)
Thanks ladies of the OCCC! Enjoyed this one alot!


OCCC~1,2,3,4 Card Challenge:

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers (set #37), Sanded Background (set #38)
Ink: Certainly Celery & Almost Amethyst SU Markers, Memento Black, Almost Amyethyst
Cardstock: Almost Amyethyst, Certainly Celery, SU White, DSP from Moxxie
Accessories: SU Scallop Trim Border Punch, Kaiser White Pearls, Pearl Brad, Pink Pirouette Grosgrain, Scor Tape


I'm rather liking my card...hope you do too!

Well, that's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Saturday, friends!
~Wendy

14 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Wendy!!! I love the bow with the pearl and your CAS design! Perfection! Thanks for joining us this week on the OCC 1,2,3,4 challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a pretty stamp - love the soft colors you used and that jumbo pearl is marvelous. Terrific job on the 1-2-3-4 challenge. So happy to have you joining our challenge again this week at Our Creative Corner!

Debbie said...

Just beautiful..

Hugs
Debbie

Deberella said...

A very nice simple and soft card nice job.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty Wendy!

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card - I love the soft colors and the flower image (of course, LOL) - a lovely sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC again this week!

Kristin said...

How lovely this is! The colors are perfect and the pink bow is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the OCC!

Carol L said...

This is so beautiful, and I LOVE the colors! You really nailed that challenge and came up with another gorgeous card! WTG!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful
I have awarded you with the stylish blogger award please stop by to claim your award and pass it along to others
Jenn
http://freshstartacademy.blogspot.com/2011/03/better-late-than-never.html

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty, I love the color combination and the embellishments.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! I too wish you would have been at the get-together! Would have loved to meet you! Maybe soon!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful work, as always, Wendy. Love the soft colors. :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So beautiful! I love the soft colors, as well as the plaid! Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Sharon Wheet said...

Wendy, I just love how soft and pretty your card is! Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC, and hope you play in another challenge, so we can see your beautiful work!