Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Hope your all having a great day!
My day is getting alittle better! I have been without my computer since Saturday when it decided it just did not want to work anymore. Thankfully, I have a hubby who knows his stuff with a computer and he fixed it for now. Not sure how long it will hold up before I will have to either get a new one or a new harddrive but for now i'm back in business! :)
Saturday, the challenge over at the Our Creative Corner Blog was themed "Don't Throw It Away"! Awesome challenge for me because I keep anything & everything from the kitchen. I had this little Crisco container that holds the sticks in and we were getting ready to take Kelsey Saturday to take another mid term exam so I thought I would decorate this little container and add a little chocolate treat to keep her motivated and thinking positive for her exam.
Below is my Crisco Stick Container with added Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups.




Kelsey loved it!
I have so many things that normally would get thrown away hanging around my stamp room. I love altering these kind of things! :)
Our Creative Corner Challenge Project:
Stamps: Sentiment from All Holidays
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Ruby Red, PTI White, Cowgirl Collection from Crate Paper
Accessories: Oval & Oval Scallop Nestibilities, Corner Punch, Soft Sky Grosgrain, Pearl Brad, Kaiser White Pearls, Scor Tape
Well, that's all for now!
Hubby has a business dinner tonight so Kelsey & I will be hanging out by ourselves. I think i'm gonna head to my stamp room awhile to play catch up! I have my Color Challenge card almost done so I will probably be back later to share that so stay tuned!
Till then...
Thanks for stopping by & have a good evening!
~Wendy



7 comments:

Debbie said...

Love what you did with the crisco container especially filling it with chocolate. (coming from a true chocoholic) I am sure Kelsey aced the tests!!


Hugs
Debbie

Rose Ann said...

I love how pretty you've transformed that container, Wendy...and Reese's is one of my favorites! Mmmm

Sorry about the computer trouble! Hope it keeps going for a while!

Carol L said...

You're a good mom to supply your daughter with chocolate before an exam! LOL Great use of that container, and I love how resourceful you are!
Good luck with the pc. I'm winging it with a prayer everytime I boot up! Mine is so slow it's like dialup, and I need memory bigtime!

Wanda Cullen said...

Aren't you a sweet mom to think of sending this with your daughter! Great recycling idea!

Janice M said...

What a creative way to reuse/recycle! Glad you have your laptop back, hope it holds out awhile longer! I know i would be lost wthout mine! Maybe I'd better backup my pictures, it's been awhile since I've done that!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Yummy yummy! THis is just the sweetest little project. So pretty and a wonderful use for that container. I know I hate to throw stuff like that out too. Super job on our recycled packaging packaging challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Sharon Wheet said...

You altered that container prefectly! How beautiful! I love the colors, and that sky blue is the perfect added touch! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us @ OCC, and I hope that we see more of your work in the future!