Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Color Challenge 545

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Storms rolled thru last evening and what a gorgeous day we are having today! I think the next 4 days are to be exceptional! I'll take it!

Today is Color Challenge day over at SCS. Here are the colors & my card.

Gold & Very Vanilla with a dessert option of using butterflies.





I have been working on some Christmas cards the last few days and when I seen the challenge today my mind went directly to this stamp set from last year, Gentle Peace. It is a wonderful set! I embossed all my images in Gold Embossing Powder on Very Vanilla cardstock.
After I completed the first card I just decided to make a pack of 5 for my craft show. I am trying really hard to keep my cards flat for easy mailing. I lost out on a few sales last year at the show because my cards would have required extra postage. Lesson learned!
Once my image was embossed, I left it cool then hand cut it out. I added 2 dimensionals to it so I could add my Very Vanilla Thick Twine under it. It is still mail friendly! :)


Color Challenge #545 Card:

Stamps: Gentle Peace
Ink: Versamark
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Hexagon Punch (flag ends), Very Vanilla Thick Twine w/ Gold, 2 Sided Tape


That is all for today!
BTW, I did not make my Black Raspberry Jelly yesterday. It was just too hot! 
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous set Wendy!!!!

Bonnie said...

Very elegant, Wendy!