Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy 80th Birthday, Dad!!

Hello & Happy Sunday!

Hope your all enjoying your weekend!
Our weather here in PA has been absolutely wonderful the last 2 days! I am just loving this and my back loves it too! No crafting for me today as I am just enjoying the weather and hanging with the hubby (since he was done work early)!

Earlier this week was my Dad's 80th birthday! He has overcome quite a few obstacles ( Polio as a child, losing his pointer finger on the job years ago, Prostate Cancer and recently a Pacemaker) in his 80 years and i'm SO thankful he is still here with us! He is one in a million in my eyes and i'm grateful for all he has done for me in my life. He is a big supporter of my crafts and loves to always check out what I make. I enjoy spending time with him because there is nothing in this world I would not do for him, ever!

So in honor of his birthday, I sat down and made a card for him. I pulled a picture off my phone from his birthday last year and printed it out for him to put on his card. I hope you like!





My picture is a bit muted since I printed it out on Very Vanilla cardstock but I really do love it!
I borrowed the On Film Framelits from my friend Deb months ago and was hanging on to it to create this card I had bouncing in my head for months! Thanks Deb K. I will see now that you get this back!

I loved all the arrows in this paper from last year called, Retro Fresh. I also had the What's Up punch to coordinate with it. I wanted to put more arrows on it but I did not want to bulk up the card. I added some Coastal Cabana Thick Twine and called it done. I must confess I spent hours on this card because it was not turning out the way I pictured in my head and when I went to print out the picture I ran out of ink. An hour & a half  later after running to get ink we were back in business! LOL

I really love it and hope my Dad did too!


Happy 80th Birthday, Dad!!


Dad's Birthday Card:

Stamps: Butterfly Basics sentiment, Old Alphabet Set in my stash for the "DAD"
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Retro Fresh DSP
Accessories: On Film Framelits, What's Up Punch, Coastal Cabana Thick Twine, Hexagon Punch (flag end), Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that's all I have for today!
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Wendy



2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome card Wendy, I am sure your Dad loved it!!!

Nan said...

Oh I love this card... mostly for seeing the happiness and love on your smiling face just being with your Dad. God bless you both!