Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge 317

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Hope your week is going well so far!

I found a new to me challenge and decided to play along!
Here is the link to the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge.

Here is their sketch and my samples....


I flipped the sketch so I could use the horse from Let It Ride.




My card is made for a dear childhood friend who lost her mother last Friday.
The family loves horses and boards them on their farm so that is why I made a sympathy card with the horse. 


Card Details:

Stamps: Let It Ride, Itty Bitty Greetings
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake DSP (retired)
Accessories: Layered Leaves EF, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon, White Pearls, Blender Pen, Glue Dots, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This sketch was perfect for my card!
I hope it will give my friend some comfort in the difficult days ahead....

*************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thank you for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! I am sure it will bring comfort to your friend's family in their time of loss. What a gorgeous image!

Carol L said...

Love the horse image and your take on the sketch challenge as well. The soft colors and pink bow are perfect for the person it's intended for.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wowzers. Not sure what I love more, the stamps, the embossing or the peachy pink pop of color from the bow!

Fiona said...

So glad you found us and I hope you'll play along again - your cards are lovely and as a fellow horse lover I can appreciate the love behind your card - sorry that it had to be for a sad occasion but I'm know it will be much appreciated.

Stampin by Genny said...

I love how you used the sketch to create a very thoughtful card. I like how you colored the horse and your color combo is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jenny Engelke said...

I love that you flipped the sketch! It works so well! Your monochromatic style is perfect for giving this card for a more somber occasion. Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!