Monday, July 15, 2019

A Christmas Cardinal

Good Morning, Everyone!
Happy Monday!

It was a hot & humid weekend once again.
I wish I could say we had our bikes out on the trail for a ride but we did not.
I'm really hoping that soon this weather breaks and we can do that.
Although my bike needs a new tube. It keeps going flat and must have a hole in it somewhere.
Instead we were out and about at the antique stores and found a few more ceramic Christmas trees to add to our collection. Saturday we found a Spur mold tree which has a very cool base on it.
Sunday we found an Alberta mold tree. 
Dare I say it but i'm kinda excited for the holidays to come to display them all at once!

Today I have a set of Christmas cards to share.
I am thinking Christmas in July and of all my lovely ceramic Christmas Trees! hehe

A few weeks ago I was getting the itch to create some holiday cards with retired stuff.
I have SO many older Stampin Up sets & coordinating wheels that I took off and added cushion to use them as a stamp on acrylic blocks.
This set called A Christmas Cardinal was another of my favorites from many years ago.
I colored up the images with Copic Markers.
I also used a wheel called Soft Holly. It's beautiful!








I went old school and took my wheel now turned into a stamp and stamped the entire front of my Old Olive cardbase with Old Olive ink.
Then layered the cardinal image and my sentiment on top. Both were diecut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered onto a Square Layering Framelit.
I used a retired color & coordinating ribbon on these....Riding Hood Red.
Anyone remember that color?

Card Details:

Stamps: A Christmas Cardinal (retired), Soft Holly Wheel (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red (retired), Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Riding Hood Red 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Glue Dots, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I have so far made up a bunch of Christmas cards already from using my retired stamps, ink & paper.
Such a wonderful feeling to use this stuff once again!
I may not order anything new this year and continue using what I have and God knows I have ALOT!

**********************************************
My thoughts today....


It's to be grossly hot & humid this week with temps in the 90's!
Blah! Not my favorite weather at all.
I'll be hibernating for sure! 

Thanks for stopping by & stay cool!
~Wendy


6 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That holly background is stunning. Not sure if I have that wheel, but I am going to look! Cardinals are becoming very popular, so you really came up with a pretty set of holiday cards. Glad you guys had such a successful weekend out treasure hunting. Today is suppose to be nice, but then look out!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

I really love the cardinal set (I have it too) and have been thinking about using it for some holiday cards. I love that you have been using some of the old sets again. I have many holiday sets and a few that have never been used. Shame on me! I guess it's time to get off my lazy butt and pull them out and get busy. I have plenty of DSP, ink,and rubber for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards. You inspire me!

LeAnne said...

A WHEEL?!!! You are awesome, pulling out those old wheels!! I un-mounted several of mine, but honestly, I think they're easier to use on the wheel! This looks great, I do love my birds, especially cardinals! Theyre so pretty for Christmas!

Vicki Burdick said...

I can't believe you still have a wheel!!! That is amazing! I love the cardinal and am happy to see we are getting one again this year!!

D'Ann said...

Love your card but especially love that you're use "ancient" stamps haha! After seeing this, I may have to dig out some of my old stamps too. I have some wheels left and most are Christmas ones. Perhaps this weekend I'll get to using some of them :) Thanks for your inspiration to get ahead of things!