Sunday, July 28, 2019

Winter Foliage

Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

I hope your all having a nice weekend!

Yesterday my friends came over to make some cards for Stamp Day w Friends.
We had such a fun time!!
I will share the cards we made later this week!

Today I have another pack of cards for my Christmas in July series using a really old set called Winter Foliage.
Here is a picture of the set....


My friend Deb had this set years ago and at that time I used the poinsettia stamp from it and stamped it with a Kaleidacolor Ink Pad.


This is the one I used.
I stamped it over an entire 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Whisper White cardstock.
Actually I used 3 sheets.
Years later I found them in a box that I keep stamped images in.
I decided to cut them up and turn them into cards!





I diecut the 2 layers with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits and before I adhered all the layers together I took my Night of Navy Stampin Write Marker and splattered ink from the brush end onto my panel that has the poinsettia's on. Once it was dried I glued it all together and added my sentiment and some rhinestones for sparkle.
I know the colors aren't really Christmas colors but I do like these!

Card Details:

Stamps: Winter Foliage (retired), PSX Sentiment
Ink: Night of Navy, Night of Navy Stampin Write Marker, Kaleidacolor Creole Spice Pad
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This stamp set came out in the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalog in 2002.
I may try to find another set to do more with it eventually. We'll see!

*******************************************************************
My thoughts today.....


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, these are beautiful! I remember those stamp pads...such a fun idea! That is a gorgeous stamp set, I do not remember that one, but it's fabulous for SO many things!! Enjoy your day, stay cool....headed to Dana's pool where I plan to spend all afternoon!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a perfect was to use a multi color stamp pad. The leaves look amazing! You never cease to inspire me. Superb card, my friend.

Carol L said...

What a super pretty set of cards! I love the blended colors and pretty design of this set of cards! Way to dust off those oldies but goodies and make them shine!

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful, love the colors on these!