Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Thanks Snow Much

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Sorry for the late update today!
Yesterday we had storms blow thru which were not bad here where I live but where Shawn works now, they got hit pretty hard! Just as he was leaving to come home it started and they lost power to the plant. They called the electric company which gave them an estimated time of repair....12 midnight on July 23! So, since they had no power they sent all employees home and canceled work.
He finally got the call around 6:45 this evening to go in. Power was restored.
Now they have to go thru each machine one by one to make sure there was no damage done before they can do the start up process. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

And also we finally got rid of that dreaded heatwave that was hanging around!
I am looking forward to sleeping with the windows open the next few nights! WooHoo!
I hate the air conditioning but sometimes it's just an absolute must!

So, while the house is quiet I thought i'd hop on here tonight and share another pack of Christmas cards I made for the Christmas in July series!
I know your probably tired of seeing all these old sets but hang in there with me a few more days!

This set uses the retired set from 2000 called Thanks Snow Much.
I do not own this set but my friend Deb does and she allowed me to borrow it a few weeks ago.
Thanks Deb!!!






My DSP comes from a retired pack called Merry Moments.
I have almost a full pack of it and was thrilled to use it with my adorable snowman!
The string of lights the snowman is holding was colored with my Stampin Blends and then I added a bit of Crystal Effects to make the shiny! I always forget I have that kind of stuff that can make the image stand out a bit more.
The sentiment comes from the retired Christmas Pines set.

Card Details:

Stamps: Thanks Snow Much (retired), Christmas Pines (retired- sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black, Real Red, Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP (retired)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

These were SO fun to make!
Everyone keeps telling me that I should have enough cards come Christmas time but these cards are not for myself. I will most likely sell these.
My customer usually gets about 15 packs if not more!
So glad I started early on these!

*************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an adorable snowman. Looks like you have been having lots of good crafty time. Super productive! Happy Hump Day!

Vicki Burdick said...

Not tired of seeing the old sets at all!! I love all snowman stamps and this one is no exception. I love seeing all the older DSP as well. Great job on this set! Toooooo cue!!

D'Ann said...

Oh my gosh! I actually have a little of this dsp left from the first stamping up event I attended. Still loving your series of Christmas cards!

Carol L said...

Wonderful layering and stitching on this set of cards! I love the circles with the big sentiment panel - what a great design and great papers too! You are putting me to shame with all these wonderful Christmas card sets - I just have a hard time getting in the mood for Christmas cards when it's so hot outside LOL