Thursday, July 11, 2019

Free As A Bird

Hello & Happy Thursday!

It's a rather cloudy morning so far.
We are in for a chance of severe weather later today and truthfully we could use some rain, just not anything severe.
Yesterday I went to my stamp table to make a Thank You card to send to a blogging friend for winning her sketch challenge she posts on Facebook.
My winning prize arrived last week and it was the Bird Ballad Trinkets!!
I already have the bundle (stamps & dies) but did not order the trinkets so it was the best gift!
I pulled out the Free As A Bird stamp set, the Bird Ballad DSP and the Stitched Nested Dies and got to work!





Yesterday was a rough day....Shawn & I both running on not much sleep thanks to his work so I kept this card VERY simple.
I diecut the bird image from the Bird Ballad DSP using those lovely Stitched Nested Label Dies then layered it on a bigger die using Daffodil Delight cardstock.
I've kinda been on a roll with using a tilted panel because I think it draws your eye to it.
I embossed a piece of Pool Party cardstock with the Subtle EF and put that on crooked and then layered my Stitched Nested Label diecuts on that.
Did you notice the little flower trinket? Cute, right?
That was in the Bird Ballad Trinkets and let me tell you, there are alot of different shapes in it!
You get your money's worth if you get those trinkets!
I added my flower with a glue dot and called it done.

Card Details:

Stamps: Free As A Bird
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Bird Ballad DSP
Accessories: Stitched Nested Label Dies, Bird Balled Trinkets, Subtle EF, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Also, if you notice in the first picture, I decorated the envelope flap!
I never do that but I always see lots of demonstrators doing that and let me say....that is an excellent way to keep using up the DSP we all seem to hoard!
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out especially after running on maybe 3 hours of sleep!
The envelope got addressed and out the door it went to it's destination!
WooHoo!

********************************************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! Every single element of this bundle works so nicely together, you just can't go wrong with it! Hope you feel better soon!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just received a die like this and can not wait to use it. This card is simply beautiful. I love the birds and how you colored them up. The trinket is an amazing addition. This card is a winner, also.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is amazing!!! I just love that paper!! I love everything about this card! I need to get those trinkets!

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with those wonderful papers and slightly tilted panel! The trinket is a fun addition to the sentiment panel as well! NJ!