Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas Gleaming Wreath

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope your weekend is going well so far!
My girls are at doggy day this morning and I needed to get caught up on laundry.
While that is happening I ran to my stamp room to take some photo's of my Christmas wreath that I made for my Holiday Hoopla event. You may remember that I made one also for Halloween, too!



I started with a round styrofoam ring that I picked up at the Dollar Tree.
Other hobby stores carry them but they are anywhere from $5.99 up to $13.99.
Dollar Tree was $1.00! Can't beat that!
Then I followed a tutorial by Angie Juda ( Paper Wreath Tutorial ) that calls for 24 strips of DSP measuring 2 x 12.
She suggested 6 different designs and 4 pieces of each paper.
Once the DSP is wrapped around the foam ring I glued it tight with Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue and left it dry . Then punched the ends with the Triple Banner Punch.
I went completely around the ring covering with the paper until there was no more room. On the backside, I took my Pick A Tool and pierced a hole so I could hang it on a nail on the wall.
Then I finished it up with an ornament & the holly from the Christmas Gleaming set.
I added some copper embellishments and attached it with Dimensionals.
It hung on the wall super nice and the stamp girls were all admiring it!


Project Details:

Stamps: Christmas Gleaming
Ink: Pretty Peacock, Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Pretty Peacock, Very Vanilla, Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP
Accessories: Styrofoam Wreath, Circle Layering Framelits, Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack, Copper Cord (retired), Copper Star Designer Elements, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This certainly is a terrific way to show off this beautiful paper and also a great way to use it up!
Making this type of wreath is actually really quick and nothing too hard about it!
I may make one for Valentine's Day this year!

**********************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thankfully, we have no snow here to make a snowman!
Our weather has been pretty nice with temps in the 50's and lots of sunshine!
Yesterday we popped out and took a walk! Haven't done that in ages!
Hope your enjoying the warm weather too!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I have always wanted to make one of these, but you're right...the wreaths are crazy expensive! I'll have to try the Dollar Store! This is so pretty!

Carol L said...

What a great wreath!! Not only is it a great wall hanging, but I see it as a great centerpiece on a table with a big candle in the center - OR a bowl filled with candy! TFS the tutorial - it looks like it was fun to make!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful! I will have to look for them at DT!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this!!! Great wy o showcase that beautiful paper for sure!!!