Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Creative Corner Challenge

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was busy and I did find some time to stamp a bit but did not get around to updating the blog until tonight.

I have not participated in an Our Creative Corner Challenge for quite some time and Saturday Shawn worked so I decided to check it out! Anne Marie is the hostess this week and decided on a Color Challenge with lots of sparkle! I love sparkle and decided to play along! Below is the colors for the challenge and my sample....



I'm done with making Christmas cards as of now but I do need to work on a few money cards & gift cards in the next couple of days!

On this card I broke out a mitten die that I had for months from Amuse Stamps and cut it out with some red felt. I added a MS white snowflake with a pink rhinestone in the center. I used my SU Scallop Edge Punch on some glittery paper from Micheal's and added some Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon. I used my Snow Burst EF on the Pink CS that was adhered to my Bashful Blue card base. The sentiment comes from a SU set and I punched that with the Word Window punch and layered it on top of a piece of glittery paper that was punched with the Modern Label punch. Quick & easy and makes a cute card!



Our Creative Corner Challenge Card:

Stamps: Christmas Classics Sentiment
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Glitter Paper from Micheal's, Neenah White
Accessories: Amuse Mitten Die, Red Felt, SU Snow Burst EF., SU Word WIndow & Modern Label Punches, SU Scallop Edge Punch, MS Snowflake Punch, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Pink Rhinestones from Micheal's, Scor Tape

Well, that's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Holidays!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, this is super cute .... love the gorgeous felt mittens, aren't they striking in red .... love the sparkles and rhinestone centre too!!!
Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Wendy, those mittens are so cute!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wendy, this is adorable! Love those felt mittens and the holiday sparkle. Your sidebar made me smile...from one Bon Jovi fan to another. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! I hope you had a great Christmas and best wishes in the New Year! :)