Saturday, November 11, 2023

Merriest Trees Birthday Gift

 Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

I have a crazy busy day ahead starting with a haircut appointment then home for a shower and get ready for my Stamp Day w/ Friends get together at 12:30. At some point we have to go pick up Shady since Kelsey is working a VERY long day at the restaurant. I hate for him to be home by himself for that long amount of time. Atleast here he can run the yard and have someone home with him. We decided on Thai takeout for dinner tonight and by then I will be ready to relax and watch tonight's new Christmas movie on Hallmark. I have been slacking on watching them the last few weekends. 

The project I am sharing with you today was a birthday gift I got for my friend, Cindy!
She has been spoiling me the last 2 years with a bunch of Rae Dunn Halloween things which I just loved. Her birthday is right before Halloween and I thought about picking up a bunch of cute stuff at my local Home Goods and sending her a birthday box to surprise her. This is what I got for her...




I collected all things trees since I did not see much Halloween and I wasn't sure what she already had. I found the oven mitts and looked for anything with trees on to match the theme. I found the kitchen towels then the ceramic Christmas tree mug. At the checkout line I found the little ceramic Christmas tree ornament and surprise...the color fit right in! Once I collected all those tree items I wanted to make a card to send with it. I pulled out the Merriest Trees bundle to create my card along with some A Walk in the Forest DSP. I wrote her a note saying that this was probably the oddest birthday gift she ever got but I hope that it was a good one! She replied....She LOVED it! If you did not know by now, I am that girl that loves all things matchy match and color coordinated!

I also picked up a few extra goodies this year that I want to fancy up with stamps, ink & paper and mail out to special people this year! That gives me so much joy!

So after today i'm sure life is going to get even crazier with working on Christmas treats, cards and gifts! Thankfully, I already have my Stamp Day w/ Friends cards & kits ready to go for our Christmas get together that will be in December. 
Phew, i'm tired thinking about it!

Around here we have been really struggling with the time change.
I know it affects the dogs but this year it really affected Shawn & I both. I wish they'd just sign off on this time change thing!! Are you struggling, too?

***************************
My thoughts today...


Stamp Day w/ Friends!!!

Thanks for stopping by & have a super Saturday!
~Wendy





2 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a lovely gift package you made for your friend's birthday! You are (and always have been) very generous and thoughtful! I'm tired just hearing of all the things you have planned and yes, I'm extra tired after the time change too for some strange reason. It always takes me a couple months to adjust and just when I do, they change the clocks back again. (sigh) Oh well, have yourself a fun weekend and a great stamp day too! Hugs!

Cindy Linthicum said...

Thanks again for my wonderful birthday package. I love everything!!