Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day 2024

 Hello & Happy Wednesday!

I missed the ball on making & sending any Valentine's Day cards to my family & friends this year. I'm so sorry for that and very unlike me. 
This is one card I did make a few weeks ago...



Card Details:

Stamps: Heartfelt Hexagons
Ink: Poppy Parade
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Basic White, Poppy Parade DSP
Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Sweet Sorbet Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Update:
I'm still having a few difficult days with getting side affects under control.
I started a new once a week injection called Mounjaro to help get my A1c down and I am having some mixed reviews on it. I went last Friday to see the diabetic nurse and she showed Shawn & I how to do the injections. Shawn actually was a champ and did my 1st one. I have felt ok. Had some queasiness the next day and feel a bit depressed. I am now dealing with constipation which has always been an issue with me. It's been almost a week since I have last had a bowel movement. I have done my homework on this injection before I started and made sure to drink lots & lots of water, eat fresh fruits & veggies and yet here I am. This medicine is to slow down the gut to make you feel full longer and sometimes I get that but other times my belly is growling away. And I am awfully fatigued. I think the side affects of the blood pressure medicine have worn off as I do not have the lightheaded, dizzy, fainting spells anymore and I am able to function without having to sit down & catch my breath. I am still monitoring my blood pressure to make sure it does not go sky high again and so far so good!
I'm just not sure what to make of it all and not sure that this injection is for me. Thankfully, I have not gotten severely sick which was my main concern but who knows what will happen when I move up to a higher dose. I am not one for medicines or shots for that matter and most of all I hate being down & out. When my doctor suggested the Mounjaro injection I honestly did not think our health insurance would cover it and 3 days later we got the approval. So, time will tell and if something does not get a bit better then just maybe I need to say no and just work harder at getting that A1c down. 
If anyone has any suggestions on any of my issues please feel free to leave a comment. I would appreciate any suggestions....

********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
~Wendy


3 comments:

Carol L said...

I understand you not sending Valentines this year since you've been feeling so bad with those migraines. I'm just glad you're OK but sad that you still don't feel well. I think every medication comes with side effects - some we can live with and some we can't. You will make the right decision for yourself I'm sure. The only suggestion I would make is that if these injections don't work for you, try intermittent fasting to reduce your A1C. It actually works and after a couple days, your body begins to feel so much better. Good luck with everything and try to have a happy Valentine's day while you're at it! Hugs!

Carol L said...

I forgot to say how pretty your card is! LOL Those papers are really pretty and I love the sentiment panel too.

Vicki said...

Take care....so sorry you have been dealing with these medical issues. Love you my sweet friend. ❤️❤️