Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Color Challenge 329

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday!

I'm glad to be back to my usual stamping! This last week i'm sure you noticed i've been MIA. I had a stomach bug most of the week and it's been so ungodly hot & humid here that I just took a break from everything. Besides being sick there were a few things that went on too. Shawn's uncle had passed away unexpectedly and we were on the fence as to whether or not to go home but it was decided by the family that there would not be any services. I'm thinking this may have been one of his wishes, i'm not sure. And also we were looking into purchasing another house back in PA to stay at for when we return for visits at least until Shawn would be able to relocate back but the loan process fell thru due to no determined date of him relocating. This really bummed me out and I know it was out of our hands but the house was just so perfect for us and it gave us some hope as to one day returning back to PA for good. So as they say, one day at a time and we'll get there when the time is right! Yea, it's alittle hard for me to say because i'm still a little upset about it but it's true. Not a whole lot we can do till then.....

So, today is Color Challenge day over at SCS. The colors are: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake (Kraft) and Melon Mambo. A beautiful combination of colors that how could I not play along! I pulled out set #76 called Embrace Life to use as another set in my challenge to see that all my stamp sets see ink in 2011. I'm sure I could have been a lot farther along in my count if I had not been feeling under the weather the last few weeks. I've thrown myself back into stamping the last day or 2 with working on craft show stuff that will be here before ya know it so today's challenge was a nice break away from creating Christmas stuff.





Color Challenge 329 Card:

Stamps: Embrace Life (set #76), unknown inside sentiment
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake (Kraft), Neenah White, Melon Mambo
Accessories: SU Butterfly Sizzlit, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, White Lace, Soft Suede Grosgrain, Crumb Cake (Kraft) Taffeta Ribbon, Kaiser White Pearls, Stamp A Ma Jig, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Well hopefully now I can get life back on track and concentrate a little more on my stamping! Speaking of stamping....have any of you seen the new SU catty?? OMGosh, SU is improving each & every year by leaps & bounds! I love it!! And well, those new in colors are very pretty too!

That's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific Tuesday, friends!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm glad to see you're back to stamping and feeling chipper again. I'm so sorry your plans fell through on buying the house, but it just wasn't meant to be, and something better will come along when the time is right:)
Your card is beautiful, and I love the inside sentiment!! So pretty!
Yep, I got my SU! catty on Sunday and won $30 in product in a mystery hostess drawing! WOOT!

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Everything about it is just so pretty.
Lynn

The Other Patti Sue said...

So sorry about your house deal... the right thing will come along and go super smoothly! Your card is pure lusciousness! Super awesome color combo! I need to use that one... you've inspired me GF!

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty Wendy, love your ribbon and lace treatment! Hugs to you my sweet friend!