Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ways to Use It Challenge 327

Hello & Happy Thursday, friends!

Up and at it again way too early! Wonder what's going on with me?? I'm one who loves my sleep!
Anyways, I checked out the Ways to Use It Challenge first thing this morning and got right on it even though I kept thinking of crawling back in my bed!
Today the challenge was themed "A Vision in Vellum". Vellum can make a card look very elegant & beautiful but I find it alittle challenging because there are special adhesives you are to use with it to attach it to regular cardstock and oh course, I do not have any! So, I ran my vellum with a piece of PTI White cardstock thru the Cuttlebug with my Sizzix Tim Holtz Snowman Embossing Folder and then attached it to the cardstock with gold brads. Alittle hard to see but it's there!

Not real sure i'm happy with it but it's done....


Ways to Use It Challenge 327 Card:

Stamps: Grateful Greetings
Ink: Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, PTI White, SU Vellum
Accessories: Lg & Sm Tag Punches, Gold Brads, Gold Beads, Marina Mist Grosgrain, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Before I go I wanted to share with you a picture of Fluffy from yesterday when I gave her a bath. She wasn't too happy with me until she was finished and she got a treat! Atleast now she's soft, fluffy & smelling good! :)



Ok, Off to see what kind of trouble I can get into today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific day!
~Wendy

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What's not to be happy with, this is a great CAS card...

Hugs
Debbie

Tammi said...

I think it's lovely and elegant too! Love the embossed snowman! ~hugs

Carol L said...

I love your simple design with vellum! The embossing looks gorgeous and I love the little tag with the greeting.
I hope you enjoy making that project I sent. I know it's something I'd never put together, so I'm glad you'll use it! Have fun :)

JD/ Jill said...

I enlarged your photo, and I could definitely see your embossing, great idea. Makes for a lovely card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The embossing is way cool with the vellum and tag. You chose the perfect color to accent with! Don't ya just love a clean, cuddly doggie?

Janice M said...

Cute card! Never saw that embossing folder before. Your puppy is cute all wrapped up in his towel.