Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sketch Challenge 336

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Hope your all having a great day so far!
Today is Sketch Challenge day over at SCS. One of my favorite challenges to participate in! Below is the sketch & my sample. I also used set #73 in my quest to see that all my stamps see ink in 2011. The set is called With All My Heart.


This is a very CAS (clean and simple) card not my usual but the easier a card the better anymore! :)


Sketch Challenge 336 Card:

Stamps: With All My Heart (set #73)
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: PTI White, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
Accessories: Cuttlebug Just My Type Embossing Folder, Kaiser White Pearl, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Scor Tape


So, last night Shawn wanted to take us for a ride over by his work to show us how much of the tornado damage that has been cleaned up and a company that has already started rebuilding. Then we went down 20th st and got an eyeful of the devastation that we had not seen on Sunday. I started to cry and said "I just don't know how anyone survived this tornado by looking at what is left"! Heart breaking and just so sad!! It really rocked my mind and gave me a sleepless night just thinking about what I saw. I guess I am still trying to wrap my mind around this tragedy. Please continue to keep the folks of Joplin in your thoughts & prayers! They so desperately need them!




That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

11 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Your card is awesome Wendy!! I am with you on this storm, I can not wrap my brain around it and as the days pass it seems even harder, I am just so sad and my heart breaks for all that was lost, all the families that lost loved ones and all the destruction. It is the worse thing I have ever seen. :(

Janice M said...

Wow! You rocked this sketch Wendy!! What a awesome CAS card! Might have to case this one!

It has to be so hard to see all the destruction, keeping you and Joplin in my thougts & prayers.

jimlynn said...

CAS and GORGEOUS!! Love this.

Yes, the entire city of Joplin is in my thoughts and prayers..so very sad.
Lynn

Debbie said...

This is a beautiful CAS card...LOVE IT

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Don't worry, I will continue to keep Joplin in my thought and prayers

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card. TFS

Tammi said...

Lovely job on the sketch, so pretty! ~hugs

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card! Love this simple layout...hope to make a card when I get off work tonight!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, Wendy. I like this sketch I might even give it a try (Now that I have seen yours for inspiration...I rarely do sketches)

Wendy, I'm continuing to keep you and the people of Joplin in my prayers.

Carol L said...

Your take on today's sketch produced an awesome card! I love the blues and that embossing folder that I must get out and use more often!
I will definitely continue to keep the residents of Joplin and Tuscaloosa in my thoughts and prayers. I just cannot imagine what they're experiencing right now with those devastating tornadoes! TFS the photos!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It is good to share what you are feeling. As Carol said, I can't even imagine. Prayers are sent up daily.

This sketch is amazing! You totally rocked it!

Leigh said...


I love the simplicity of this card it's just beautiful.
I have never experienced a tornado and do not wish to.
I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and two years ago on Sept. 4th we had our first major earthquake and since then we continue to have them even though they are much smaller, it is still frightening as I can imagine tornados are so my thoughts and prayers go out to you all.