Monday, June 13, 2011

July 4th Holiday

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a great day!
I had the chance today to spend some time with my MO buddy, Vicki Burdick! We stamped & shopped and just had a good ole time that was much needed since there has been so much dampened spirits around here with the tornado stuff. Before I get to what we made I ran for my mail before heading out to shop and found this adorable card in my mailbox. It is a card made by a blogging friend that I recently had the pleasure of meeting at L&L Stamps in Ephrata, PA. Mary Anne (from over at Lakeside Stamping), I would just like to personally say "Thank You" for this super sweet card and for your kind words! The image is very special and I keep asking for thoughts & prayers for the people of Joplin because they so desperately need it! Yesterday, we took a ride passed some of the tornado damage. It still just depresses me to see it but you can see things are getting alittle better each day! Alot has been cleaned up but still alot to go. I think today the last shelter closed since everyone has found some sort of temporary living and life is trying to get back to some sort of normalcy. Alot of help & support in this community and so much from around the country! As we were out for a drive Sunday we seen so many out of state license plates....New Hampshire, Delaware, North Carolina & Florida! The continued support has been wonderful!!


Ok, now on to some fun stamping stuff! :)

Last week after we got back from our vacation to PA, I sat down and made this door hanger for July 4th which is almost upon us! Today, Vicki & I made another one and I whipped up this matching postcard to go with. Love, love, love the outcome of both!




July 4th Door Knob Hanger & Postcard:

Stamps: God Bless America (SU) (set #84), July 4th Sentiment from Taylored Expressions
Ink: SU Cherry Cobbler & Night of Navy Markers
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, SU Whisper White, The Paper Studio DSP
Accessories: Lg & Sm Star Punches, Oval & Oval Scallop & Square Lacey Nestibilities, Star Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Silver Brads, Wood Door Knob Hanger's from Micheal's, Multi Liquid Glue, Sanding Block, Exacto Knife, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


That's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a good evening!
~Wendy

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Your fourth of July card and door hanging are really great! Nicely done. What a special card Mary Ann sent to you...so sweet! Every time I see our stamping meet mentioned it makes me want to go again. I so look forward to those special days.

Carol L said...

These door hangers are fantastic! I'm partial to flag images because I made US flags for a living for 23 years, and I LOVE that wavy flag image you used! The matching postcard is great too!
I don't know how Mary Anne created the quilt on that card, but it's FABULOUS!! What a darling little card and such a thoughtful gesture for a town so ravaged. Thanks for sharing it :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Awww, Wendy, when I saw that little digi image, I knew it was for you. I actually had that sitting to bring to you at the stamp meet and left the house without it. You and Carol are very patriotic today! I am ready for a marching band and a good parade! Beautiful work!

Janice M said...

Great Patriotic set! Can't believe it's almost the 4th of July already, the older I get the faster time flies! Mary Anne's card sure is cute! I think of you and the town of Joplin often!