Thursday, May 3, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #33

Good morning everyone!

I'm up way early due to thunderstorms going thru! Some of those cracks of thunder are enough to wake the dead! I love a good ole thunderstorm but why is it they have to come durning the middle of the night when your sleeping so peacefully?

So, since i'm up I figured I will just go ahead and get my blog started for the day.
Yesterday, I found a new blog owned by the wonderful & talented Lesley called Freshly Made Sketches. I have been looking for a few new challenges to participate in and most people know that I love sketch challenges! I decided to give it a try! Below is the sketch for this week and my sample.....




I've been trying to get some masculine cards made. I love making them!
Been thinking of starting an Etsy shop to sell some of my cards.
Today's card was made with more of the Well Woren DSP from SU. My image is an old one from SU as well called Noble Deer. Not sure why they ever retired this set but I love it! :)


Freshly Made Sketches #33 Card:

Stamps: Noble Deer, Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, NQN, River Rock, Whisper White, Well Woren DSP
Accessories: Distressed Stripes EF, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Twine, Hot Glue, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Well, that is all for now!
Think i'll try to go crawl back in bed but not sure how much sleep i'm gonna get with it booming outside!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day ahead!
~Wendy

8 comments:

Nan said...

Those storms woke me up too. They were LOUD.

Go for the Etsy shop... you make beautiful cards and crafts... and I bet you'd make tons of sales!

Allisa said...

Love your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Great card for Father's Day! Love that DSP with your image!

Jen Mitchell said...

Masculine cards make me scared so I'm jealous that you make gorgeous ones with ease! So glad you found our sketch and I hope you'll be back. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love this!
Lynn

Teresa Zuehls said...

Your father's day card is stunning! It really caught my eye. The background paper is gorgeous and so is your image. Well done. TFS

Carol L said...

What a great guy card with this awesome image! I love the earthy feel of the papers you chose!

Betty Benton said...

So glad you found the Freshly Made Sketches site and I love your manly card -- mine is for Father's day too! I found their site a couple of months ago and have a lot of fun playing there.

We have more in common too! My blog name is BeeBee Stamps! (my grandma name -- from my initials). Also, we have very noisy and lively thunderstorms in Central Mexico where I live too. Lots of folks go up on their roof (we have covered patio type areas there) to watch the lightning and hear the thunder boomers!! (not me though!)