Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge Week #22

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day!
We had a pretty decent weekend for a change. Since we were dealing with the loss of losing Fluffy last week, Shawn was also dealing with pain from having 2 more kidney stones. Our house was so somber & sad last week. Thankfully, Thursday evening & Friday morning he passed them. We had talked of taking a trip out to Joplin this past weekend but with his pain we just put it on hold a few more weeks.

So, last week with the loss of Fluffy, I asked Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper if I could take a week off from participating on the Merry Monday Challenge. My heart just wasn't into doing any stamping. Yesterday, I finally made my way back downstairs and started to do some stamping. My heart & mind were telling me it was time to get back at it. Since I did not do a card along with the other fabulous Merry Makers, I thought i'd try to atleast play along so I could have all 22 cards made! 

Below is Lesley's sketch & my samples....




Merry Monday Week #22 Card:

Stamps: Snow Much Fun
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Brushed Gold, Neenah White, K&Co Christmas Cheer DSP
Accessories: Circle & Lacey Scallop Circle Nestibilities, Glue Pen, Ultrafine Glitter, Gold Beads, SU Square Lattice EF, Ribbon, Hot Glue Gun, Dimensionals, Scor Tape

Well, that is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

12 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

super cute Wendy!!! love the gold on this!!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling like stamping again, Wendy! I love your sassy snowman and the gold and red. What a fun card!

Carol L said...

I'm glad to see you making Christmas cards again because I know and understand the sadness you're feeling right now. I'm glad Shawn's doing better too. I love all that bravo burgundy color, especially that pretty ribbon you used! Wishing you a better week ahead.

Carol Lucas said...

Beautiful card. Love the coloring on your snowman, too. Very nice!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wendy, you've been in my thoughts with the loss of Fluffy. I thought about you over the weekend. It really is a 'one day at a time' thing to get by when you have a loss, isn't it? Big hugs to you. :)

Your snowman is cute, and love the gold bling you surrounded him with.

JD/ Jill said...

So cute, great job with the sketch!

Shelia said...

What a darling snowman!! Love the color combo and your ribbon and bow are gorgeous!!

LeAnne said...

Such a super card...love the gold accents you've incorporated. I know that losing Fluffy is hard but I am glad to know that you're feeling better enough to stamp!!! Just take each day as it comes!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Wendy, love the colours you used and the gold accents are fantastic. The bow is stunning.

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - you were sure able to create an amazing card even from such a place of sadness.
Your snowman card is really sweet.

So sorry for your loss
Cheers, Karen

Lesley said...

Beautiful work my friend!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Simply beautiful Wendy! I'm so happy that I'll be playing along with you for the next few months - I'm a huge fan. Thanks for joining in!